• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is the ACB right not to tour Pakistan?

anzac

International Debutant
and what are your thoughts re the PAkistani threat to call for an Asian cricket boycott of Australia?

:P

yorker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I completely agree with ACB's decision, everyone knows that terrorists are after the Westerners in PK, how could Aussies have played at such a time in PK?? Players safety comes first, it's bad for PCb financially but they cannot blame ACB atall for all this.
I don't think there will be a boycott, it doesn't make sense to me.Hopefully PCB won't choose the wrong path!

Speedzone

Cricket Spectator
Agreed, the ACB's decision is the right one, PCB should understand the situation and stop with all the boycott threat

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well in my opinion the threats were more of an outcome of the frustration the PCB feels at not being able to host international matches, having spent so much money on venues around the country. But you could say that all this should never be mirrored in such fashion and i would completely agree with that.
Leving this situation apart, I do believe that the aussies have been fussing abt many situations before when they really should have been playing cricket!!

anzac

International Debutant
agreed - Pakistan have been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons for the past year basically and i think the stress and frustration of the PCB is begining to show and perhaps emotion & desperation got the better of common sence and reason.

there is no way in hell that the ACB decision could have been otherwise.

just as an aside i feel terrible for the Kiwis re the bombing - it's now the 2nd time they have been faced with this (previous tour of Sri Lanka was called off as a result of suicide bombing outside their hotel when Kenny Rutherford was captain).

I know from that first experience that many of those players were never quite the same emotionally, and never really felt comfortable on tour to the sub-continent.

It is a travesty when your enjoyment of your profession and representing your country is tarnished by mindless acts of violence.

(and no that is not an invitation for the terrace section to debate the relevant political situation on this thread - go to my other thread for that if you feel the need to do that!!!!)

;)

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
(and no that is not an invitation for the terrace section to debate the relevant political situation on this thread - go to my other thread for that if you feel the need to do that!!!!)
LOL yeah thats right

[/quote]

[Edited on 8/11/02 by Gotchya]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Grudgingly, yes, they're right. No team could be expected to tour there after the NZ-Hotel-Bomb episode.