• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 6 hit off

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I remember this topic being discussed a while ago. Everybody knows about the Baseball Home Run hit off, where the batter tries to hit as many home runs as possible. What about cricket, where the batsman has to hit as many sixes as possible?

Thoughts?

Camel56

Banned
The concept of the home run hit off is a silly one indeed. Who in their right mind would find a bloke smashing delibrately thrown pies as far as he could? Its booring. Much more exciting if its a home-run (or 6 in this case) in genuine, hard competition.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Camel56 said:
The concept of the home run hit off is a silly one indeed. Who in their right mind would find a bloke smashing delibrately thrown pies as far as he could? Its booring. Much more exciting if its a home-run (or 6 in this case) in genuine, hard competition.
Totally agreed.. The home run derby is a good laugh, but it isn't really baseball and the novelty wears off pretty sharpish

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Camel56 said:
The concept of the home run hit off is a silly one indeed. Who in their right mind would find a bloke smashing delibrately thrown pies as far as he could?
So Rikki Clarke has another career if his Cricket one doesn't work out!

deeps

International 12th Man
BlackCap_Fan said:
I remember this topic being discussed a while ago. Everybody knows about the Baseball Home Run hit off, where the batter tries to hit as many home runs as possible. What about cricket, where the batsman has to hit as many sixes as possible?

Thoughts?
so what would this incorporate exactlY?the way i understand it every1 has to bat the way afridi does, but what happens if u get out?

Scallywag

Banned
I think racking up centurys over the season would be similar or are you speaking about a game just for hitting sixes.