• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your favourite way of Dismissing a batter?

Your Favourite Method of Dismissing a Batsman?

• Bowled

Votes: 50 76.9%
  • LBW

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Stumped

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Caught and Bowled

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Caught Behind

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Caught close to the bat (Slips Batpad)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Caught infield (Mid off, covers, squar leg, point)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caught in the deep

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Don

State Vice-Captain
well being a medium pacer bowled is always a joy.but i love to get batsmen caught behind or in the slips after i set them up for the edge

Link

State Vice-Captain
How, about a short ball, so fast and nasty that the batsman has to take extreme evasive action, so extreme that he falls back onto his stumps.
Na, this was not me it was our strike bowler, but it was the best dismisal i have seen and he was very happy with it.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
I personally don't like getting people out bowled, mainly because as a batsman I think that getting out bowled demonstrates a lack of technique.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Beating the batsman in the air and foxing him to clean bold him is the best. Pitched on middle and leg, goes on to hit off stump.

Deja moo

International Captain
The poll wasnt going to go any other way. You could have had Bowled a option 1 and other as option 2. Bowled would still win by a huge margin.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
of course every one loves if they have planned a dismissal and it comes off perfectly, caught, stumped, bowled, whatever :D
Certainly - my favourite dismissal after the extraordinary ball that I can never know how I bowled (because it bemused everyone, especially me) was when I managed (unusually) to get the ball swinging away from the left-hander (not intentionally at first) then realised what was happening and got the ball to come back in for 2 balls in a row - then got the away-swinger going again. This chap looked a pretty good player and it was fantastic feeling when he nicked it.
But overall my fave way is c&b, it's just you "doing everything" (especially when it's a leaping catch on the reverse of the followthrough).
Hoggard-Rudolph is always worth watching - for it's rarity value. Hardly ever see 2 stumps knocked down.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
has got to be bowled for me.nothings better than the sound the stumps make when they are claterred by the cricket ball

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anything where you have thought a batsman out (but hey, im an offie!). Nothing like seeing a batsman getting more and more frustrated then spooning up a catch or getting stumped.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
savill said:
Anything where you have thought a batsman out (but hey, im an offie!). Nothing like seeing a batsman getting more and more frustrated then spooning up a catch or getting stumped.
i am not a spinner but i figure stumped would be quite an enjoyable way of dissmissing someone.

but then again, remembering Giles to lara, frustating a batsman enough for them to charge at you and miss (especially a great batsman like Lara) would do it for me if i was as spinner.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
My first wicket was bowled.

And I voted for bowled as well, because more often than not, it's your BRILLIANT, DECEITFUL bowling that gets the wicket - whereas if he gets caught it may be great fielding or LBW it could be a dubious umpire decision :naughty: