• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Never seen an international match in a stadium?

Anoop

U19 12th Man
I haven't unfortunately. :(

I come from a very non-cricket state (Kerala)in India. We have hosted just two matches and both were during my exams :(

The nearest regular ground is Banaglore.. 900 km away..

So, how many of you are in the club?

:( :( :(

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Anoop,

I too come from Kerala. Some matches(one dayers and 3-dayers against visiting teams) are actually being hosted in Kochi nowadays(past 4-5 years).

Anil

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was at old trafford this summer for the 3rd day of the Test - coincided with Wngland vs. Denmark in the World Cup, so almost the whole stadium got up and left the cricket to go watch the big screen.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Earlier in the year i was lucky enough to go over to Australia & watch three games

MCG:
Aus v NZ
Aus v S.A

Hobart:
NZ v S.A

but apart from that I've only ever seen matches at Eden Park in Auckland or at Jade Stadium in Christchurch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Trent Bridge tomorrow for me, so the match report will have to wait until after I've had a skinfull in the TBI (:D)

Anoop

U19 12th Man
Hi Anoop,

I too come from Kerala. Some matches(one dayers and 3-dayers against visiting teams) are actually being hosted in Kochi nowadays(past 4-5 years).

Anil
Yeah.. But during both the matches we had exams.

I live in Trivandrum, so even Cochin is 200km away anyway!

Anoop

U19 12th Man
Trent Bridge tomorrow for me, so the match report will have to wait until after I've had a skinfull in the TBI (:D)
That's great!!

Wave to us mate!

Cheer for the Indians for me, would you?
;)

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Anoop, I'm also from Kerala, and my fav cric is none other than our first lad from this soil Tinu Yohannan.Good to see so many of us from the same region.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Tinu the first ??

what about Abey Kuruvilla ?

Your unlucky there mate anoop , you should try and go to one cricket game atleast sometime , throughout the game its just magic when ur watching it where its held

anzac

International Debutant
Eden Park - Auckland NZ

WC semi NZ V Pakistan - Inzamam comes of age!!

what a hell of a game - magic even if we did loose

:)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The 1st NatWest game Eng-SL at Trent Bridge with school. Was a great game. Even if some Year Sevens really start to wind you up after a time..

That and Eng-SA at Old Trafford in 98. Kirsten batted all day for ~98*-ish. Zzzz..

Anoop

U19 12th Man
Tinu the first ??

what about Abey Kuruvilla ?

Your unlucky there mate anoop , you should try and go to one cricket game atleast sometime , throughout the game its just magic when ur watching it where its held
Abey played for Mumbai, when he got selected. He played for Kerala and South Zone in a few matches only.

Yep.. I miss the magic! :(