Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wat changes cricket needs to be a world sport???

wat changes cricket needs to be a world sport???

hi guys
    dunno if this has been discussed...but anyways.....as we all know cricket is largely a colonial sports.........and even after soo many years we still have the same teams competing all over again.........y isnt cricket catching on in say usa or brazil..wat changes are required in cricket to make it a real world sports???.................
    "better to be a witty fool than be a foolish wit"

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by bestfriendh
    hi guys
    dunno if this has been discussed...but anyways.....as we all know cricket is largely a colonial sports.........and even after soo many years we still have the same teams competing all over again.........y isnt cricket catching on in say usa or brazil..wat changes are required in cricket to make it a real world sports???.................
    Change the size of the ball. Mke it much bigger and softer.

Do away with the three stumps. Have two big poles with a horizontal pole on top of them.

Do away with the wicket and place the poles at either end of the ground let the whole ground be the wicket.

Do away with the domination of batsmen or bowlers. Level the playing field.

Bowlers and fielders cant touch the ball with their hands and the batsmen cant use bats.

Let their be no batting order. Let all the batsmen come to the ground at the same time.

Let the batsmen and fielders defend one set of poles each while they try to kick the ball through the opposite set !

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Bit narrow minded for you sjs?? But i like your message.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    hi guys
    The USA competed (loosest sense of the word) in the Champions Trophy.

The Brazilian Cricket Board was founded in 2000. There are around 90 ICC members. It's growing.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Bit narrow minded for you sjs?? But i like your message.
    I really dont understand why a game should be changed to get other countries to play it.

Will the few baseball playing countries change it and make it similar to cricket so that 1 billion Indians should play it ? There is this ridiclous talk of cricket not being a global game like soccer. So what their are so many others that are played by fewer countries. Baseball, Rugby, American football are just a few examples. No one talks of changing those games.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    I really dont understand why a game should be changed to get other countries to play it.

Will the few baseball playing countries change it and make it similar to cricket so that 1 billion Indians should play it ? There is this ridiclous talk of cricket not being a global game like soccer. So what their are so many others that are played by fewer countries. Baseball, Rugby, American football are just a few examples. No one talks of changing those games.
    Exactly my point, no changes necessary, if so many people like it then shame on everyone else for missing out.

hi

hey sjs
    ur point is taken but then if cricket is so perfect in the present sense can u plz temme y various cricket formats r bein invented to make it more "fun" for those enlglish blokes???.............

heya

Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Exactly my point, no changes necessary, if so many people like it then shame on everyone else for missing out[/COLOR].

well imo thts not how we should think ........the reason i started this thread is as i feel cricket has a true potential to become a world game........so wat if tht means changnig a few rules here and there and lettin the core remain intact.....juss think abt it...............

well imo thts not how we should think ........the reason i started this thread is as i feel cricket has a true potential to become a world game........so wat if tht means changnig a few rules here and there and lettin the core remain intact.....juss think abt it...............
    But is that a need to change the rules when it has been so successful for so long? New formats aren't all bad but it's just a matter of people getting involved with the currrent rules and realising it's not such a dull game!!!

hi

ok even ur points valid.........but we do need an international image dont we........as far as the post tht usa..........all have played im talkin abt real countries with real players...not a team made up of 7 indian.........and remanin pak players..............

U19 Debutant
    ok even ur points valid.........but we do need an international image dont we........as far as the post tht usa..........all have played im talkin abt real countries with real players...not a team made up of 7 indian.........and remanin pak players..............
    theyre not 7 indians...

they were 2 and 5 west indian c-team people the rest were pak
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I point out that the early West Indian sides and also sub-continental cricket was filled with British ex-pats, so that's totally invalid. Sports will be brought by cultures who will initially play them before the indigenous roots set firm.

So what changes do you suggest? All that's changing with Twenty20 is the number of overs...

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    To make cricket a "world sport" does not involve changing the rules but merely how they promote and advertise the game in other countries. 20-20 will certainly help but its all about the image. whats the point in changing rules, just so we get a few more "bangladesh" countries playing.

Oh yeah STOP using dots after every few words, its really annoying
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

hi

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    To make cricket a "world sport" does not involve changing the rules but merely how they promote and advertise the game in other countries. 20-20 will certainly help but its all about the image. whats the point in changing rules, just so we get a few more "bangladesh" countries playing.

oh come on here i was thinkin i was being cool.....u had to spoil it didnt ya..........

heya

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn

hey thnks for pointing tht out...imo its better to have a few "bangladesh" sides....rather than have a usa which isnt a usa at all........and even srilanka and india begun like banglas..no un can be a aus so soon....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information