Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twenty20 Cricket at the WACA

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar

Twenty20 Cricket at the WACA

Did anyone else go see the game? Victoria did pretty bad IMO, but Luke Ronchi and Ryan Campbell absolutely dominated. I thought it was great, and should be played more form now on.

Twenty20 thread
    Am keeping that thread alive just so I can see the change of opinion over the months as people experience the format in their corner of the World.

Seems like a good start for the format in Oz anyway, century partnership in under 10 overs is pretty brisk... and the first sellout since 1981 according to cricinfo. I hope I can wake up early enough to catch some of the cricinfo commentary of the Twenty20 game tomorrow (Pakistan v Australia A) - should be entertaining.

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Did anyone else go see the game? Victoria did pretty bad IMO, but Luke Ronchi and Ryan Campbell absolutely dominated. I thought it was great, and should be played more form now on.
    WACA Member mate, wouldn't miss it for anything.

Correct about the sellout, they closed the gates at 6:45ish. Amazing turnout more than the WACA expected I'm sure.

Main thing I was keen to see was Cambo and Ronchi opening the batting. They didnt dissapoint! Campbell hit an unbeaten 56, and Ronchi finished up 67 from 24 balls before getting stumped by a Warne bouncer His 50 came off 20 balls, and the last 17 from 4 (including the ball he got dismissed from!) Bloody top knock from Luke.

First ball Warne bowled to Luke was dispatched into the stands for 6, Second ball suffered a similar fate - a bounce or two into the ropes for 4 - No respect for the great man! Easilly my favourite innings that I have seen live, a pure joy to watch.

The standout WA bowlers IMO were Beau Casson and Eddy. Casson was hitting the right spot finished up with 4-0-25-1 great considering he battles to get a spot in the WA side when Hoggy is here.

Overall I'm bloody ecstatic that Ronchi did so well, by far my favourite WA player, it's annoying seeing him get done for first ballers so often!

BTW a scorecard:

Victoria Innings
    N JEWELL c Edmondson b Wates 0
    J MOSS c Meuleman b Edmondson 15
    L BUCHANAN run out 1
    T WELSFORD b Worthington 11
    A CROSTHWAITE c Campbell b Harvey 57
    G RUMMANS c Wates b Worthington 2
    I HARVEY c Ronchi b Casson 7
    I HEWETT run out 32
    A MCDONALD not out 6
    S WARNE not out 0
    Sundries (2b 6lb 2w) 10
    Eight wickets for 141
    Fall: 0, 3, 20, 35, 55, 90, 110, 139.
    Bowling: D Wates 4-0-22-1 (1w), B Edmondson 4-0-14-1, P Worthington 4-0-40-2 (1w), B Casson 4-0-25-1, K Harvey 4-0-32-1.
    Batting time: 79 mins. Overs: 20.

Western Australia Innings
    L RONCHI st Crosthwaite b Warne 67
    R CAMPBELL not out 56
    A VOGES c Crosthwaite b Harvey 7
    S MARSH not out 4
    Sundries (1lb 4w 4nb) 9
    Two wickets for 143
    Fall: 101, 131
    Bowling: B Knowles 3-0-22-0, I Hewett 2-0-24-0 (1w), A McDonald 2-0-25-0 (1w), J Moss 1-0-14-0, S Warne 2.1-0-32-1 (1w), I Harvey 2-0-25-1 (4nb 1w).
    Batting time: 51 minutes. Overs: 12.1.
    Crowd: 20,071
    Man of the match: Luke Ronchi (WA)
    Umpires: Jeff Brookes, Andrew Craig
    Last edited by AUST_HiTMaN; 12-01-2005 at 11:09 AM.
    eep.

Cricket Spectator

what channel

does any one know what chaneel is the a[kisatn vs australia a 20 twenty game going to be on,

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Wow! That looks like a comprehensive win for W.A. It is always great to see Victoria gete flogged no matter what the format.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by uzy456
    does any one know what chaneel is the a[kisatn vs australia a 20 twenty game going to be on,

will be ch 9 in sydney, as for glasgow?

the twenty20 game between the NSW squad was very one sided as well, withe one side winning by 100 runs, maybe teams dont have the tactics worked out yet
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Spectator
    Forgive this Yank, who knows not the first thing about cricket, for barging into your discussion group and posting a non-cricket post, however this is the only way I can think of to try and reach the person I need to contact. A search of Google revealed the name of a player, Mike Hunt Hertz, on this website

My name is Dan Dobson and I am an attorney in the United States. Recently during the investigation of a case, I discovered that an individual from OZ was posing as Mike Hunt Hertz and doing some pretty nasty stuff.

I think the real Mike Hunt Hertz would want to know about what is going on and try to stop this character who is posing as him. So if any of you know the "real" Mike Hunt Hertz, please have him contact me, so I can brief him as to what is occuring.

Daniel D. Dobson J.D.
    Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
    651-227-4376
    dddobson@yahoo.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uzy456

what part of the world is a[kisatn in?

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUST_HiTMaN
    The standout WA bowlers IMO were Beau Casson and Eddy. Casson was hitting the right spot finished up with 4-0-25-1 great considering he battles to get a spot in the WA side when Hoggy is here.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Hopefuly with 20-20 they will not over-sell it and play it as more of a treat!
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Was a great game last night.

67 of 24 was huge, especially when he got to his fifty off 20 balls!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dddobson
    Forgive this Yank, who knows not the first thing about cricket, for barging into your discussion group and posting a non-cricket post, however this is the only way I can think of to try and reach the person I need to contact. A search of Google revealed the name of a player, Mike Hunt Hertz, on this website

My name is Dan Dobson and I am an attorney in the United States. Recently during the investigation of a case, I discovered that an individual from OZ was posing as Mike Hunt Hertz and doing some pretty nasty stuff.

I think the real Mike Hunt Hertz would want to know about what is going on and try to stop this character who is posing as him. So if any of you know the "real" Mike Hunt Hertz, please have him contact me, so I can brief him as to what is occuring.

Daniel D. Dobson J.D.
    Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
    651-227-4376
    dddobson@yahoo.com
    Huh?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Say the name quickly: Mike Hunt Hertz.

I've reported the message - as he's obviously not here to participate properly.

U19 Cricketer
    S Warne 2.1-0-32-1 (1w)

Crikey.

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by parttimer
    S Warne 2.1-0-32-1 (1w)

Crikey.
    Thank a certain Luke Ronchi for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information