• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: love or hate

Murali: like or hate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
What does everyone think about Murali, do you like him or hate him. Personally, I think he is the best spinner around at the minute, followed by Kumble and Kaneria

Deja moo

International Captain
This thread will most likely be closed. Enter the words 'Murali' and 'Warne' into the search function to pursue this further.

bryce

International Regular
maybe we could restrict it to just voting on the poll as opposed to discussion/arguments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
12th Man said:
What does everyone think about Murali, do you like him or hate him. Personally, I think he is the best spinner around at the minute, followed by Kumble and Kaneria

so you dont rate warne at all?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Comparison between Warne and Murali :

CRITERIA............................................................................WINNER

1. Warne is the world's greatest leg spinner today, Murali is not ....Warne.
2. Murali is the greatest off spinner produced by Sri Lanka Warne isnt.....Murali
3. Murali bowls the Doosra, Warne doesnt...................................Murali
4. Warne bowls the flipper, Murali doesnt....................................Warne
5. Murali bowls a huge off break, Warne doesnt............................Murali
6. Warne's standard delivery turns big from leg to off, Murali's doesnt...Warne
7. Warne bowls for a team which has a great pace attack not Murali.....Murali
8. Murali bowls more overs than any other bowler(maybe two) in his side, not Warne.....Warne
9. Majority Australians think Warne is a better bowler ..................Murali
10 All Sri Lankans think Murali is the better bowler........................Warne

Conclusion : Warne and Murali are well matched. :p :p :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
SJS said:
Comparison between Warne and Murali :

CRITERIA............................................................................WINNER

1. Warne is the world's greatest leg spinner today, Murali is not ....Warne.
2. Murali is the greatest off spinner produced by Sri Lanka Warne isnt.....Murali
3. Murali bowls the Doosra, Warne doesnt...................................Murali
4. Warne bowls the flipper, Murali doesnt....................................Warne
5. Murali bowls a huge off break, Warne doesnt............................Murali
6. Warne's standard delivery turns big from leg to off, Murali's doesnt...Warne
7. Warne bowls for a team which has a great pace attack not Murali.....Murali
8. Murali bowls more overs than any other bowler(maybe two) in his side, not Warne.....Warne
9. Majority Australians think Warne is a better bowler ..................Murali
10 All Sri Lankans think Murali is the better bowler........................Warne

Conclusion : Warne and Murali are well matched.
ah, you forgot the better bowler category :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
you said love or hate, yet the poll is like or hate. go figure. i wonder what your opinion is? :dry:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Well look... I have never really liked Murali. Mostly because I thought he was a chucker. *ahem* But I tell you, after seeing those pictures of him in Sri Lanka, and hearing him speak about it all, I just CANT help but like him. I shouldnt call myself an Australian.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Murali's earlier record vs India was horrible. He improved only near 1999 and averaged more than 35 before 1996 atleast.

So a lot of Murali I watched was totally average bowling and good batting vs him. So I never became a fan of Murali's. Suddenl though he became huge wicket tacker from around 1999 taking 5 wickets a match consistently. Statistically and skill wise, this guy is a great.

But from a personal view I do not like him.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
Well look... I have never really liked Murali. Mostly because I thought he was a chucker. *ahem* But I tell you, after seeing those pictures of him in Sri Lanka, and hearing him speak about it all, I just CANT help but like him. I shouldnt call myself an Australian.
your right, you shouldnt, could you hand in ur flag and damien martyn posters?

Nah everyone is entitled to their own opionons...i guess

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
GoT_SpIn said:
personal wise?, how so
Never impressed by him early on as explained. And some times either you like a player or you dont. We all tend to have likes and dislikes. Not much a fan of his bowling.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I chose like mainly because hate is a strong word that should always be used with great care, and reserved for the Mugabes, Milosevics, Hitlers etc. of this World.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've never called Murali a chucker, but, what I have said before & will now state again is that Murali's action looks awful. He's far from alone in that, of course, but has been singled out infinitely more than any of his brethren in the "dodgy-looking action" club. That probably says more about Murali's accusers than it does about him.

Of course science has exonerated Murali, or rather implicated everyone else bar Sarwan, but in a not atypical fudge the ICC has left us with a rule on throwing that cannot be implimented except retrospectively.

Ah, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.