• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: love or hate

Murali: like or hate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Galactic_Soap said:
As mentioned earlier, mate I'd rather come here on the back of my parents qualifications than that of a blood stained past, and a convict heritage.
Fair enough for most of what you said mate, I agree with you and where you come from shouldn't be an issue when you choose to live in Aus. I haven't read all of the thread re: the issue, but the above strikes me as a bit of a cheap shot.....as no doubt, having lived in Aus, you'd be aware that those days are long gone. Besides, if you want to talk about convicts and a blood stained past I think it's the English you should be talking to as they were the one's that 'settled' Oz in the first place. In the many years since then I'd say our culture has changed markedly from that which you'd see in the UK, so using the old convict argument is a bit stale.

As I said though, I haven't read the whole thread (being a bit lazy) so maybe it was warranted given what was said to you.

It would be interesting though to find out where some of the people come from that seem to preach the convict line to us on a regular basis (see CC for this) as there are very few places that weren't settled somewhere along the line. I'm slightly amazed as to how many experts we have on Australian history here.

*Edit: When I say 'those days are long gone' - I mean the days of the convicts and the legacy they left, I'm well aware things are still not great for the Aboriginal population. Knew it'd get picked up on so thought I'd get in first! :D

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

honestbharani said:
You are saying that the charity for Tsunamis was for HIM? Dude, I don't know about what nookie_lk had said about the Aussies but surely, there must be better times than this for you to rile on him. Murali never slagged off the Aussies too, BTW. He only reacted to them jeering him all the time. But of course, the Aussies have done an incredibly sporting thing during the Tsunami appeal match and he has changed his mind because of that. I guess these real tragedies show the real character of all people. Sometimes we tend to get carried away a bit too much with our perceived rights and wrongs of sport that we forget what is really important. I think the Tsunami disaster brought out the real, human face of many of the Aussie cricket fans and I have applauded their generosity at such an important time.
Yeah I agree, using the thread to argue who did what for whom is pathetic. Did we really need another Murali thread in the first place? It was obvious where it would go from the get go.

Son Of Coco

nookie_lk said:
Well...all of the SL people appriciate the help given by the Austalian's, But that doesnt mean that some australians dont make themselves the most wonderfull people in the world either. and murali's case..man do you really expect a person to ignore when your SO CALLED Leader in ur country calls him a chucker ??? thats the stupidest thing any leader in any country has ever said.

And for murali changing when theres something for him....thats a load of bull. Murali doesnt need any thing from anyone...specially from Australia....whatever decesion he made was becuase of the country and his people.

And mate more than anything else...i'm dissapointed with you for starting this argument. You make the impression that australians are expecting praise and respect for helping our country. (which is very sad)

I rest my case

Woh woh woh.......the stupidest thing any leader in any country has ever said? You either take you cricket way too seriously or you've forgotten there's a man called George W. Bush! :p

Scallywag

Banned
Galactic_Soap said:
Sure mate, go ahead and say that, and after that, maybe you can go down the ginger bread road to the land of the pixies and dwarfs where you and your two little friends who nearly had their house blown down can go and skip and frolic in fields of pepermint grass and waterfalls of pink lemonade.

What I'm trying to say is this, if you think Murali came to Australia just to boost his public profile then your a few primates short of the human evolutionary cycle, re:YOU THINK LIKE A NEANDRATHAL.

Its a public forum, for public debate, so really I'm not doing anything behind anyones back. As for me finding Australia so bad, again, I'll have to question the level of your education, and presume you cannot read or discern intelligible discussion up to a year 4 level, please provide an example on when I was slandering this entire country and classified them as racist bigots.

Hmmm I thought I was a citizen of Australia, and therefore I have the right to pass comment on the governance of this country, thats why we are in a "democracy," go look up the word.

I pay my taxes, I vote, and I shout "bowlers name" every bloody Saturday during summer, if your accusing me of being ungreatful, you can go fu(k yourself, mate :D

I'm not saying I'm not greatful for being in Australia, but don't you dare say I'm taking advantage of her hospitality. Hospitality ?!! I work 5 days a week and go to uni. I don't bludge etc, and we were granted visas to come here based on my parents qualifications, and they too work and pay their taxes. I certainly don't have to justify my position to you, do you think that being a white Australian gives you the right to presume that the rest of the country that has a difference on opinion to you is either "slagging off" or being "ungreatful" **** off son, you have no idea.

As mentioned earlier, mate I'd rather come here on the back of my parents qualifications than that of a blood stained past, and a convict heritage.

BTW if you want to meet me in person I'd be happy to tell you what I thought of your views to your face so you don't think I'm doing it "behind the back of the nation" bwahahahha, please post more, its amusing the crap out of me.
I can see why you came to Australia to get an education, they obviously dont educate people in your country.

Son Of Coco

Neil Pickup said:
Unless you are intending to make intelligent posts at any point soon, I suggest you leave.

And lying about your location straight off is never a great start. It may be embarrassing to come from Manchester in the light of the FA Cup, but...
hahaha

Son Of Coco

Scallywag said:
I can see why you came to Australia to get an education, they obviously dont educate people in your country.
*sigh* Can I get a vote for no more Murali threads for a while :dry:

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
He has just as much right to be in australia as you or your ancestors.
As per the hypocrasy and ungratefulness you are implying, its hillarious indeed.
Lemme see...your people came over, shot the aborigines(the original inhabitants of the land), stole their land, persecuted them with racist policies, seggregated them and still continue to some level to this day and YOU talk about ungratefulness ?!

Oh the irony!!!!!

As per the 1 billion AU dollar aid, it didnt come outta howard's pocket. And Howard is not a dictator( though he certainly is the first three letters) so it involves the the entire australian political machinery. To construe any goodwill from howard from this is a bit of a stretch.
The difference with Murali is that he is actually going to these devastated regions, helping personally and shelling out dough from his own pocket- not his country's coffers.
Besides, most of that 1 billion AU dollar is a loan and not aid.
Oh the irony, what a laugh C_C still getting the untouchables to clean you toilets mate. Your hatred for Australians goes back a long way dosent it.

"THOUSANDS of low-caste Indian “untouchables” are being denied food, water and shelter by higher castes in camps for tsunami survivors."

You high caste people have a low opinion of others dont you.

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Scallywag said:
Mmmm, MY country has yeilded great leaders such as Nelson Mandela, FW De Klerk, and comrade Chris Hani.

My country has brought down one for most pervasive and prejudicial political systems in the world. My country has bleed and cried for her freedom, all of which I was there to witness first hand.

As for education my country has given more than your narrow minded brain can ever fathom, we have paid with human life so as to ensure the sanctity and transparency of our education system (Soweto student riots, 23 young lives wasted, due to narrow minded beliefs). Mate my country, SOUTH AFRICA (Surprise, surprise **** head) has fought long and hard for her ability to stand and hold her head within the international community with pride.

Son of CoCo said:
I haven't read all of the thread re: the issue, but the above strikes me as a bit of a cheap shot.....as no doubt, having lived in Aus, you'd be aware that those days are long gone
Agreed mate, and I apologise if I offended you, but just as easy as it is for people to highlight a third world countries inability to provide a justifiable education system (mind you Sri Lankas literacy rate is 92 percent, not to bad considering) and simply think it?s a result of the Sri Lankan population being completely happy with the situation they find themselves in, then I feel its well within my rights to highlight what makes most first world nations, just that, first world nations. Namely capatilistic free market theory. Theres a reason why the education system is better in Australia, theres a reason why the standard of living is better in Australia, theres a reason why theres no malnutrition in Australia. All I?m trying to say is the picture is much bigger that Scallywag potrays, and hes answers are laced with prejudice and racist dissent, Murali, this Murali that, during a time of such loss and pain to his people. That?s disgusting.

Scallywag

Banned
Galactic_Soap said:
please provide an example on when I was slandering this entire country and classified them as racist bigots.

Galactic_Soap said:

Its due to Howards great leadership you are able to enjoy the benifits of a great country but you still havent been able to learn the value of respecting an elected leader of the people who after all is a representitive of those people that have extended their goodwill to allow you to get a decent education. That is why I called you ungrateful and still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.