• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: love or hate

Murali: like or hate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Scallywag said:
The same reason you call the Australian players racist.

what a lame reason... have u ever seen or heard murali saying anything to any batsmen ???? or player ???? while hes playing....or out of the field.... give it up man.... you go ahead and be racist....i guess you think you came from gods A$$ or something...have fun.

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
what a lame reason... have u ever seen or heard murali saying anything to any batsmen ???? or player ???? while hes playing....or out of the field.... give it up man.... you go ahead and be racist....i guess you think you came from gods A$$ or something...have fun.
Have you heard of seen any Australian player say anything to any batsman while hes playing or out on the field.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Scallywag said:
Have you heard of seen any Australian player say anything to any batsman while hes playing or out on the field.

lol...u actually asked me that question ??? (or are you my echo ?) its not only me who has seen...the whole world has seen. anyway....F__ck that. I cant be bothered to reply anymore. i must have said these same stuff million times in this forum. bye

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
lol...u actually asked me that question ??? (or are you my echo ?) its not only me who has seen...the whole world has seen. anyway....F__ck that. I cant be bothered to reply anymore. i must have said these same stuff million times in this forum. bye
You put all sorts of labels on Australians from one incident but scream like a banshee when it comes back to you, I watch cricket and all players do things they would rather forget.

"Procter found Sangakkara guilty of a Level Two breach of the ICC's Code of Conduct, which deals with the use of "language that is obscene, offensive or of a generally insulting nature".

By your own definition I could call all Sri Lankan players a disgrace to the game and thats not including Ranatunga or Muralis coments about Australians.

Dont you like taking your own medicine.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
i disagree when u say its equal..... Steve waugh did help alot of people in India. but the people who steve waugh helped didnt know much about who he is..and true they were happy when he helped them.

So just because they don't know him, that makes his efforts less worthy?

One other thing to consider is that Murali's is reactive in his own country, Waugh's is proactive in a foreign country.

C_C

International Captain
"Procter found Sangakkara guilty of a Level Two breach of the ICC's Code of Conduct, which deals with the use of "language that is obscene, offensive or of a generally insulting nature"
the disciplinary codes are not applied uniformly. Its one rule for the aussies and another for the rest.
Besides, obscene and offensive language doesnt mean its racist. Whereas Lehmann made a racist comment towards the sri lankans.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
apartheid smash said:
who you hate more?

murali or george bush ?
Unless you are intending to make intelligent posts at any point soon, I suggest you leave.

And lying about your location straight off is never a great start. It may be embarrassing to come from Manchester in the light of the FA Cup, but...

Legglancer

State Regular
Scallywag said:
Well you did start a thread called "The Australian team - A disgrace to the game" and went on to call them racist.

Do you still think that after the enormous effort by all Australians to help those affected by the tsunami.
Well ..... Most humen beings learn from their mistakes ..... But unfortunately Some people never learn to transcend their inherantly neanderthalic qualities ..... in otherwords their is no hope for some ! :wallbash:

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Okay let me see if I understand this, basically your stating that,

1) Murali is not in a slightest way vilified towards his decision not to tour Australia in light of the comments by Howard?
2) He simply came to Australia purely on the basis that he can get something for himself, and his country?

1) Through out my stay in Australia I have been dumbfounded time and time again at Howard’s complete lack of conciliatory ability. He for one, is the Prime Minister of his country, I don’t know if he was seeking to vilify his tittle, and to quote the man, in his rather blubbering monotone tone “I’m a cricket tragic” then of course there’s the trademark chuckle.

The mans entitled to his opinion, the ramifications of which will be far reaching (in the context of this issue) considering his position in society, as frankly is Murali’s right not to tour Australia. Sure it’s extreme, but how can’t a prime mister labelling him a chucker be equally as an extreme length for a sportsman to endure. The thing is I didn’t agree with his position not to tour, I would have loved to see him come here, and wear it on the chin, he’s class as a bowler would prevail over the taunts and geers, but different people have different boiling points, that’s why society is so diverse. What gives people the right to criticise a man for taking a stance for his own self-respect. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Warne having a cry about not playing Country cricket after he copped an ear full on one of the previous Ashes tours, oh how easy it is to point a finger.

2) Yes he did come to Australia on the basis that he could gain something, but lets be serious, you do realise what he was striving to gain? Aid, which equates to money and medical supplies. For a multitude of victims, in a variety of different circumstances, can you justify any other ulterior motive?

I’m sure your aware that it was Tim May and the Australian players association that organised the event, and the aid raised will not only go to Sri Lanka, but Indonesia and other parts of the region, which frankly needs just as badly if not worse. Truth be told, Britain and the European Union have been very kind to Sri Lanka in terms of Aid, as have the Australian people, and people all over the world. Don’t turn this into something it isn’t, to have such a tragedy bring so many people together through camaraderie and the need to help their fellow man is something to be remembered and made an example of. This is not a man on a mission to exorcise some prejudicial demons, simultaneously seeking to raise his image into the public conscience, it’s a human being using his public image for good, dare I say, perhaps Howard can take leaf out of his book.

Marc71178

“One other thing to consider is that Murali's is reactive in his own country; Waugh's is proactive in a foreign country.”

That and the fact that if Sri Lanka was in a similar socio economic position to that of Australia Murali too, I would assume of course, be proactive elsewhere. The simple fact is Sri Lanka is a third world country, with third world issues, and a country where they are barely balancing a harmonious social system on the back of rebuilding from a destructive civil war. Murali to Sri Lanka is much, much more than a sportsman.

"Procter found Sangakkara guilty of a Level Two breach of the ICC's Code of Conduct, which deals with the use of "language that is obscene, offensive or of a generally insulting nature".

Sangakkara plays the game hard, and yes he’s aggressive. I don’t consider the Australian cricket team racist. They play the game hard, and the play it well, and frankly I love to hate them, but you can’t deny that they have raised the bar. And the fact people use their attempts at psychological degradation, as a means to justify their dominance over their opposition does not do this great team justice. We all know that this beautiful game is not as one dimensional as that, surely we can be kind enough to pass this assumption on to one of its greatest bowlers.

Scallywag

Banned
Galactic_Soap said:
Okay let me see if I understand this, basically your stating that,

1) Murali is not in a slightest way vilified towards his decision not to tour Australia in light of the comments by Howard?.
I think you and the majority of Sri Lankans have over reacted to Howards comments and the context they were relayed. He was asked a direct question when boarding a plane if in light of the recent (published information that Murali indeed did chuck) findings Murali chucks. If you saw the when Howard made those comments you would have noticed that he was smiling and did not consider it to be anything other than journalist asking dumb questions. Murali claimed that Howard has no right to make comments about cricket but feels he has a right to comment on Australian politicians.

Galactic_Soap said:
1) Through out my stay in Australia I have been dumbfounded time and time again at Howard’s complete lack of conciliatory ability. He for one, is the Prime Minister of his country, I don’t know if he was seeking to vilify his tittle, and to quote the man, in his rather blubbering monotone tone “I’m a cricket tragic” then of course there’s the trademark chuckle. .
I think its just a case of Howard being a human being who loves cricket and its the public who cant distinguish between cricket and politics, we see time and time again people saying Howard should not comment on cricket but why not, he is entitled to his opinion just like everybody else. You dont like the way he talks which is your opinion but remember some people may not like the way you look.

Galactic_Soap said:
it’s a human being using his public image for good, dare I say, perhaps Howard can take leaf out of his book.

Howard take a leaf out of his book, I think you have underestimated what Howard has done for the victims of this terrible tragedy and I can think of 100000000 reasons why.

Galactic_Soap

Scallywag said:
I think you have underestimated how much Howard has done for the victims of this terrible tragedy and I can think of 100000000 reasons why.
Oh FFS mate Howard donating 1 Billion in aid, although a much appreciated and comendable gesture, is in no way the same as Murali helping in Sri Lanka. Wake up to yourself, did Howard pull that 1 Billion from his back pocket, heres the break down, the donation was a political move, with political motivation, nothing more, nothing less. I mean its the least he could have done after making Australia the biggest terrorist target in the region.

Hell I'd love to give you a lesson in Australias position with Indonesia and the fact that that 1 billion would probably go towards Indonesia in order to reaffirm there position in the region.

Scallywag said:
I think its just a case of Howard being a human being who loves cricket and its the public who cant distinguish between cricket and politics, we see time and time again people saying Howard should not comment on cricket but why not, he is entitled to his opinion just like everybody else.
No, that’s wrong, when he speaks as prime minister, at an official function, he’s not just an ordinary person, he’s the ****ing prime minister of Australia, don’t kid you self into thinking he was just indulging in some passing commentary on cricket, he was asked a question as prime mister, he answered it as prime mister. The answer was given media exposure coz he’s the prime minister. Do you understand that? If it was just some random drop kick then I doubt Murali would have given a toss, Thank god, its bad enough that Australia elected him their leader now their trying to justify his lack of humanity too, he speaks as a person who holds a position of authority, and purely based on that, and that alone, he should have shown more sensitivity.

Scallywag said:
You dont like the way he talks which is your opinion but remember some people may not like the way you look.
I didn't say I don't like the way he talks, I actually find it pretty ****ing funny, theres nothing like sitting down and listening to Howard justify any one of the following over a cold beer:

1) Cross media ownership laws
2) The War
3) Mandul Habib or Mr. Hicks

As for people not liking how I look, lol, I personally couldn't give a rats about that either, I know I'm ugly, but I seriously doubt I offend someone based on it, lol, and if I do, that'd be pretty damn funny.

Scallywag said:
If you saw the when Howard made those comments you would have noticed that he was smiling and did not consider it to be anything other than journalist asking dumb questions.
He could have been dressed in a pink bikini sporting an orange hairdo while fondling Lathams man****s for all I care. That still doesn’t mean he should have said it, refer to my previous point about his position.

Scallywag

Banned
Galactic_Soap said:
Oh FFS mate Howard donating 1 Billion in aid, although a much appreciated and comendable gesture, is in no way the same as Murali helping in Sri Lanka. Wake up to yourself, did Howard pull that 1 Billion from his back pocket, heres the break down, the donation was a political move, with political motivation, nothing more, nothing less. I mean its the least he could have done after making Australia the biggest terrorist target in the region.

Hell I'd love to give you a lesson in Australias position with Indonesia and the fact that that 1 billion would probably go towards Indonesia in order to reaffirm there position in the region. .
Then I can say that Murali is just helping because he is trying to improve his own public profile.

Galactic_Soap said:
I didn't say I don't like the way he talks, I actually find it pretty ****ing funny, theres nothing like sitting down and listening to Howard justify any one of the following over a cold beer:

1) Cross media ownership laws
2) The War
3) Mandul Habib or Mr. Hicks

As for people not liking how I look, lol, I personally couldn't give a rats about that either, I know I'm ugly, but I seriously doubt I offend someone based on it, lol, and if I do, that'd be pretty damn funny.

He could have been dressed in a pink bikini sporting an orange hairdo while fondling Lathams man****s for all I care. That still doesn’t mean he should have said it, refer to my previous point about his position.
Why are you in Australia if you find it so bad, you are a hypocrite and a ungrateful person who likes to take advantage of a countries hospitality and whinge and slag them off behind their back.

C_C

International Captain
Why are you in Australia if you find it so bad, you are a hypocrite and a ungrateful person who likes to take advantage of a countries hospitality and whinge and slag them off behind their back.
He has just as much right to be in australia as you or your ancestors.
As per the hypocrasy and ungratefulness you are implying, its hillarious indeed.
Lemme see...your people came over, shot the aborigines(the original inhabitants of the land), stole their land, persecuted them with racist policies, seggregated them and still continue to some level to this day and YOU talk about ungratefulness ?!

Oh the irony!!!!!

As per the 1 billion AU dollar aid, it didnt come outta howard's pocket. And Howard is not a dictator( though he certainly is the first three letters) so it involves the the entire australian political machinery. To construe any goodwill from howard from this is a bit of a stretch.
The difference with Murali is that he is actually going to these devastated regions, helping personally and shelling out dough from his own pocket- not his country's coffers.
Besides, most of that 1 billion AU dollar is a loan and not aid.

Galactic_Soap

Scallywag said:
Then I can say that Murali is just helping because he is trying to improve his own public profile.
Sure mate, go ahead and say that, and after that, maybe you can go down the ginger bread road to the land of the pixies and dwarfs where you and your two little friends who nearly had their house blown down can go and skip and frolic in fields of pepermint grass and waterfalls of pink lemonade.

What I'm trying to say is this, if you think Murali came to Australia just to boost his public profile then your a few primates short of the human evolutionary cycle, re:YOU THINK LIKE A NEANDRATHAL.

Scallywag said:
Its a public forum, for public debate, so really I'm not doing anything behind anyones back. As for me finding Australia so bad, again, I'll have to question the level of your education, and presume you cannot read or discern intelligible discussion up to a year 4 level, please provide an example on when I was slandering this entire country and classified them as racist bigots.

Hmmm I thought I was a citizen of Australia, and therefore I have the right to pass comment on the governance of this country, thats why we are in a "democracy," go look up the word.

I pay my taxes, I vote, and I shout "bowlers name" every bloody Saturday during summer, if your accusing me of being ungreatful, you can go fu(k yourself, mate :D

I'm not saying I'm not greatful for being in Australia, but don't you dare say I'm taking advantage of her hospitality. Hospitality ?!! I work 5 days a week and go to uni. I don't bludge etc, and we were granted visas to come here based on my parents qualifications, and they too work and pay their taxes. I certainly don't have to justify my position to you, do you think that being a white Australian gives you the right to presume that the rest of the country that has a difference on opinion to you is either "slagging off" or being "ungreatful" **** off son, you have no idea.

As mentioned earlier, mate I'd rather come here on the back of my parents qualifications than that of a blood stained past, and a convict heritage.

BTW if you want to meet me in person I'd be happy to tell you what I thought of your views to your face so you don't think I'm doing it "behind the back of the nation" bwahahahha, please post more, its amusing the crap out of me.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
One other thing to consider is that Murali's is reactive in his own country, Waugh's is proactive in a foreign country.
do you know for a fact that murali is not proactive in his country? even if he is reactive how does that diminish his contributions when compared to your other example, waugh? proactive - reactive means squat here, murali is coming from a poor country and his natural inclination would be the betterment of his people first....while waugh is coming from an industrialized, rich nation and can afford to bestow his charity beyond the shores of his country.....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am a bit upset by the nature this debate on Murali is turning into (see posts above ).
I feel it is taking on issues beyond the scope of this forum !!

Partly because one poster has instigated and irritated another poster and the response is just as sharp and incisive !

My request to all above to tone down their comments and keep it to cricket!!

Issues re-race, victimisation, who should have been allowed into a country and why they remain there are better off discussed else where !!

I fear this thread may take the usual pattern of other Murali threads and following cryptic and irritating comments by some (You know who) (Some have dessert animal, or wooden seat, or even female name starting in 'C' as user names :D :D ) others respond resulting in never ending arguments vitriol and finally taking on a personal abusive nature, ending up in thread closure .

I urge all to use some restraint in the use of personal abuse and personal attack !

Status
Not open for further replies.