• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: love or hate

Murali: like or hate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Hey, the first album I ever bought was a Kiss record (I think it was "Dynasty").

But we're going way OT here - although Gene Simmons is also a wonderful human being...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I meant Kiss by Prince - later covered by Tom Jones.

But you're right - this is a rather large tangent.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Voltman said:
I meant Kiss by Prince - later covered by Tom Jones.
You mean I just outed myself as a Kiss fan from way back for no reason whatsoever??? These Murali threads are always bad friggin' karma. :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
You mean I just outed myself as a Kiss fan from way back for no reason whatsoever??? These Murali threads are always bad friggin' karma. :p
See, too many of these Murali threads, and it all goes haywire.

"I wanna rock and roll all ni-i-i-i-ght, and party every day"

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
i disagree when u say its equal..... Steve waugh did help alot of people in India. but the people who steve waugh helped didnt know much about who he is..and true they were happy when he helped them...but Muralis case...the whole 19 million people living in Sri Lanka knows who murali is.... and when he goes to the devastated, poor villages, the people in there forget what actually happened to them. That Temporary happiness murali gives to them is priceless. i dont think any cricketer has gone that deep to anyones hearts. I'm not trying to put murali in the limelight...but trust me thats what really happenes. I know since i live here.
Well you did start a thread called "The Australian team - A disgrace to the game" and went on to call them racist.

Do you still think that after the enormous effort by all Australians to help those affected by the tsunami.

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
I Really dont wanna go there....specially on this thread !!!
Well I dont blame you, you take the time to call the Australian players racist and when they help people from your own country you dont feel its appropiate to say that you got it wrong. Murali was quite happy to slag off aussies before, but when theres something in it for him he can change his principals.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You are saying that the charity for Tsunamis was for HIM? Dude, I don't know about what nookie_lk had said about the Aussies but surely, there must be better times than this for you to rile on him. Murali never slagged off the Aussies too, BTW. He only reacted to them jeering him all the time. But of course, the Aussies have done an incredibly sporting thing during the Tsunami appeal match and he has changed his mind because of that. I guess these real tragedies show the real character of all people. Sometimes we tend to get carried away a bit too much with our perceived rights and wrongs of sport that we forget what is really important. I think the Tsunami disaster brought out the real, human face of many of the Aussie cricket fans and I have applauded their generosity at such an important time.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Scallywag said:
Well I dont blame you, you take the time to call the Australian players racist and when they help people from your own country you dont feel its appropiate to say that you got it wrong. Murali was quite happy to slag off aussies before, but when theres something in it for him he can change his principals.

Well...all of the SL people appriciate the help given by the Austalian's, But that doesnt mean that some australians dont make themselves the most wonderfull people in the world either. and murali's case..man do you really expect a person to ignore when your SO CALLED Leader in ur country calls him a chucker ??? thats the stupidest thing any leader in any country has ever said.

And for murali changing when theres something for him....thats a load of bull. Murali doesnt need any thing from anyone...specially from Australia....whatever decesion he made was becuase of the country and his people.

And mate more than anything else...i'm dissapointed with you for starting this argument. You make the impression that australians are expecting praise and respect for helping our country. (which is very sad)

I rest my case

Scallywag

Banned
honestbharani said:
You are saying that the charity for Tsunamis was for HIM? Dude, I don't know about what nookie_lk had said about the Aussies but surely, there must be better times than this for you to rile on him. Murali never slagged off the Aussies too, BTW. He only reacted to them jeering him all the time. But of course, the Aussies have done an incredibly sporting thing during the Tsunami appeal match and he has changed his mind because of that. I guess these real tragedies show the real character of all people. Sometimes we tend to get carried away a bit too much with our perceived rights and wrongs of sport that we forget what is really important. I think the Tsunami disaster brought out the real, human face of many of the Aussie cricket fans and I have applauded their generosity at such an important time.
Murali was a jerk for his comments about Howard and made out that Australia didnt deserve to have him playing here. Why has he changed his mind.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
thats the stupidest thing any leader in any country has ever said
I think you will find the most stupid thing any leader has said was:

"You're either with us or against us"

hehe

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Scallywag said:
Murali was a jerk for his comments about Howard and made out that Australia didnt deserve to have him playing here. Why has he changed his mind.
Because, this match was for a noble cause and he simply wanted to be involved. His countrymen, friends and (possibly) relatives were the ones who were hit and he had to be involved in a match meant to raise money for them. BTW, I don't think Murali was the one who was stupid during that Howard-Murali standoff. If anything, both of them were equally stupid and Howard should take the blame because he started it. It is not wise for a premier of a country to be taking potshots at an international sportsman. He was probably right with the literary meaning of what he said, but I am sure he knows more diplomacy than that.

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
and murali's case..man do you really expect a person to ignore when your SO CALLED Leader in ur country calls him a chucker ??? thats the stupidest thing any leader in any country has ever said.

There is a leader of one country that said he was going to sue the ICC, remember that.

nookie_lk said:
And mate more than anything else...i'm dissapointed with you for starting this argument. You make the impression that australians are expecting praise and respect for helping our country. (which is very sad)

I rest my case
I didnt ask for praise or respect, I asked you if you still thought Australians were racist. You made those derogatory statements and you make the impression that you still believe them.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
I never said that AUSTRALIANS are racist...i said the australian cricket team make racist comments (which is totally unwanted).... isn't that true...???

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
I never said that AUSTRALIANS are racist...i said the australian cricket team make racist comments (which is totally unwanted).... isn't that true...???

"On many occations Australia try to demoralise the opposing team by sledging, passing racist comments and even physical abuse."

Thats what you said, Lehman's comment was in the privacy of the team room and not heard by any of the Sri Lankans.

Ranatunga is more than happy to pass derogatory racial comments about Australians in the newspapers and you find it appalling that Lehman should say something in the Australian change rooms. Lehman appologised but Ranatunga just made more racial comments.

Murali is no different from any other cricketer and has done stupid things just like all players and is no saint. Australians are no more a disgrace to the game than Murali and just as racist as Murali.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
I didnt ask for praise or respect, I asked you if you still thought Australians were racist. You made those derogatory statements and you make the impression that you still believe them.
Some Australians are racist, and it seems to me from your posts that you fall in that boat. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with subcontinentals.

Scallywag

Banned
Dasa said:
Some Australians are racist, and it seems to me from your posts that you fall in that boat. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with subcontinentals.
Your entitled to you opinion.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Scallywag said:
"On many occations Australia try to demoralise the opposing team by sledging, passing racist comments and even physical abuse."

Thats what you said, Lehman's comment was in the privacy of the team room and not heard by any of the Sri Lankans.

Ranatunga is more than happy to pass derogatory racial comments about Australians in the newspapers and you find it appalling that Lehman should say something in the Australian change rooms. Lehman appologised but Ranatunga just made more racial comments.

Murali is no different from any other cricketer and has done stupid things just like all players and is no saint. Australians are no more a disgrace to the game than Murali and just as racist as Murali.

Dude....u call murali a racist ???? please tell me why he is ???? PLEASE i really wanna know why u called him a racist ???? GIve me one reason....

Scallywag

Banned
nookie_lk said:
Dude....u call murali a racist ???? please tell me why he is ???? PLEASE i really wanna know why u called him a racist ???? GIve me one reason....
The same reason you call the Australian players racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.