• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: love or hate

Murali: like or hate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i like him, he is a nice person, a fierce competitor and a brilliant bowler...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Me too. ^^^. He is an extremely nice person, in fact, a trait that is shared by the contemporary all time greats like Warnie, Sachin, Lara etc.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Me too. ^^^. He is an extremely nice person, in fact, a trait that is shared by the contemporary all time greats like Warnie, Sachin, Lara etc.
Murali is without doubt one of the finest men playing cricket today. Full of life and truly celeberating the Joy of Cricket every moment he spends on the field.

He is a victim of ICI's unsure and dragging policies on 'throwing' but that can not and will not take away, for posterirty, from his phenomenal skills with a cricket ball. With or without a bent arm, there is no one in the world who can control the leather sphere and virtually make it talk as he can. Murali bowling to the top batsmen in the world is one of the finest sights in contemporary cricket.

12th Man said:
What does everyone think about Murali, do you like him or hate him. Personally, I think he is the best spinner around at the minute, followed by Kumble and Kaneria
What has kaneria really done to be bracketed with greats like Anil Kumble?

There are other spinners like Warne, Harbhajan and Vettori who happen to be class act and much better than the mentioned inexperianced leggie.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
And of course, Kaneria's nationality had no bearing on that point.
dude...seriously...whats wrong with u ??? why cant u just chill with out taking the Pi** out at someone ???

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali will tour Australia in the future

Murali has now officially said he will tour Australia in the future ! That should put an end to any speculation about his participation in the World XI v Australia ICC super series coming up. Here's the cricinfo news item-

'I'll play in Australia again' - Murali

Cricinfo staff

January 12, 2005

A year ago Muttiah Muralitharan threatened never to tour Australia again. John Howard, the prime minister, had publicly decided Muralitharan was a chucker, whenever he bowled there were no-ball yells from the stands, and it was the only country where he had been called for throwing.

But the reception Muralitharan received during the World Cricket Tsunami Appeal has changed his mind. "I will come to Australia from now on," Muralitharan told the Sydney Morning Herald. "Before the game it was one of the things I had to decide, whether to come again or not. The whole crowd was very supportive and helped to raise a lot of money that will help people in my country."

Muralitharan, who decided after Howard's comments not to tour Australia last winter because of "personal reasons", met the prime minister after the match and was welcomed to Australia. "We are very happy you are back," Howard told him. Syed Ashraful Huq, the Asian XI manager, said Muralitharan smiled. "The fact Murali was cheered by everybody, he was in a completely different mood after that," Huq said.

Sri Lanka's next scheduled Test tour to Australia is in 2007-08, but Muralitharan should return as part of the World XI in October for a Test match and three one-day games.

© Cricinfo

Last edited:

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
age_master said:
hehe now we can 'no ball' him again ;)
*edit* I put down something malicious but have reconsidered it so not to stoop to a level.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
dude...seriously...whats wrong with u ??? why cant u just chill with out taking the Pi** out at someone ???
Where have I taken the mick?

I haven't - merely pointed out that there may be some bias here in the putting down of Kaneria.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
Murali has now officially said he will tour Australia in the future ! That should put an end to any speculation about his participation in the World XI v Australia ICC super series coming up. Here's the cricinfo news item-

'I'll play in Australia again' - Murali

Cricinfo staff

January 12, 2005

A year ago Muttiah Muralitharan threatened never to tour Australia again. John Howard, the prime minister, had publicly decided Muralitharan was a chucker, whenever he bowled there were no-ball yells from the stands, and it was the only country where he had been called for throwing.

But the reception Muralitharan received during the World Cricket Tsunami Appeal has changed his mind. "I will come to Australia from now on," Muralitharan told the Sydney Morning Herald. "Before the game it was one of the things I had to decide, whether to come again or not. The whole crowd was very supportive and helped to raise a lot of money that will help people in my country."

Muralitharan, who decided after Howard's comments not to tour Australia last winter because of "personal reasons", met the prime minister after the match and was welcomed to Australia. "We are very happy you are back," Howard told him. Syed Ashraful Huq, the Asian XI manager, said Muralitharan smiled. "The fact Murali was cheered by everybody, he was in a completely different mood after that," Huq said.

Sri Lanka's next scheduled Test tour to Australia is in 2007-08, but Muralitharan should return as part of the World XI in October for a Test match and three one-day games.

© Cricinfo
Ya like the coloured-fonts, don't'cha? :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
The only reason Murali didn't get jeered was because the nature of the match, an emotional event in response to a terrible disaster.. I expect it will all start up again next time he plays a test or ODI in Aus..

Legglancer

State Regular
Langeveldt said:
The only reason Murali didn't get jeered was because the nature of the match, an emotional event in response to a terrible disaster.. I expect it will all start up again next time he plays a test or ODI in Aus..
Thats quite a negative observation ...... I think people realized that after all Murali is only a man with a leather ball who wants more than anything else in the world to defeat the batsman legitimately. Thats on the cricket field.

Also he is a human being whoes country was facing tragic circumstances. Murali from all accounts have been driving trucks all around SL himself trying to help the less fortunate most times against the advise of his board and doctors. He knows the diffarence between cricket and life !

Status
Not open for further replies.