• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond Update

bryce

International Regular
yeah she can be a shaky starter but when she gets in she carts it all over the park, she's not the worst bowler either but i see she doesn't bowl for ND

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any latest (or inside) :) word on when we may see Bond back playing firstclass cricket?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
her bowling is average. Our bowlers like Nic and lou are very good nz players.

As for Bond. .I will do a little sniffing around tomrw and find out the latest for you

Zinzan

Tamara said:

As for Bond. .I will do a little sniffing around tomrw and find out the latest for you
Good work

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
the 20/20 game agasint austarlia would be a good trial for bond if he was fit
because bowlers bowl less overs it is also a bat dominated cricket format so there will be less pressure on him

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Tamara said:

Are you a batswoman or a detective?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I know quite a few people who have been heavly involved with bonds comeback and recovery. Will have a yarn to them in the next few days.

Zinzan

Tamara said:
I know quite a few people who have been heavly involved with bonds comeback and recovery. Will have a yarn to them in the next few days.
Is their any talk suggesting Bond may be ready for the Aust tests if everything keeps goin well? Or is this wishful thinking on my part?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sportychic is right, although that was on the Sunday. Not sure how (or if) he bowled on Saturday, but if he did, getting 2/16 in his second day of action is a very good sign.

Successfully playing two days of club cricket in a row was 'step 2' in his overall plan, with the 'step 3' being a State Shield (OD) game for Canterbury. Not sure about his current pace, but he certainly seems economical enough to force his way past Stephen Cunis, Hayden Shaw etc.

Copyright Independent Newspapers, Ltd. Jan 17, 2005

....Shane Bond's strirring deeds with bat and ball counted for nought in the tightest finish of the round as Old Boys-Collegians lost in the final over to Park-Woolston at Garrick Park.

Bond made his second half century of the weekend, 60 in 57 balls, helping steer his side through to 192. He then charged into his work with two lively five-over spells which reaped two for 16.

Park-Woolston wanted 17 from the final two overs. The penultimate over from Leighton Burtt had eight runs, two wickets and two wides plus a no-ball, leaving nine wanted from the final over. John Quinn ensured the success in style with a four and a six.

Short scoreboards:

SATURDAY Old Boys-Collegians 281-9 (Oliver Hutton 62, Willie Eastgate 28, James Hantz 39, Shane Bond 72, Tom Johnston 37; Wayne Bell 4-51) beat Riccarton 178 in 48th over (Sean Aitken 37, Chris Mugford 36, Stu Lipshaw 25no, Johnston 4-44, Chris Small 2-32, John Jeffrey 2-28) by 103 runs.

SUNDAY Old Boys-Collegians 192 off 43.3 overs (James Hantz 45, Peter Carey 44, Shane Bond 60; John Quinn 2-32, Fraser Te Aika 2- 46, James Baxendale 2-25) lost to Lancaster Park- Woolston 194-9 off 49.2 overs (Simon Allen 31, Steven Luke 25, Scott Wilson 22, Andrew Duncan 21; Leighton Burtt 3-34, Bond 2-16, Tom Johnston 2-46).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Some good and not-so-good news in this Bond update.
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12249001-27561,00.html

Nothing's gone wrong (he hopes to play for Canterbury in the SC next month apparently) but it's incredible IMO to think that he's still at least 10 months away from a test comeback.

I'm all for him taking it slowly seeing this is his last chance and all, but hell, what would be better in SA?

a) 10 overs from Bond per test innings and 20 from Styris/Astle/McMillan
b) 30 overs from Kyle Mills :)

Zinzan

The above article suggests he's still a chance for the april tests against Srilanka...so its not that bleak

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
The above article suggests he's still a chance for the april tests against Srilanka
Does it?

"He is now eyeing one-day matches in Zimbabwe and South Africa next August and September as an international comeback with a return to Test cricket ruled out until New Zealand's next home season begins in December."

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great to hear that Bond is back in business again, well, somewhat, atleast. I would love to see him play again....He was so good and seemed to be able to learn so fast...

And great to hear that a fellow CW poster here is doing great in the women's version of the game in NZ. How many FC teams do you guys have over there and how competitive do you think it is?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It is nice to see Bond is coming back, looked like he could of been one of the all time greats when he first came on the scene. It would be nice to see him up aganist Sri lanka, but that might be too much of a risk as this could be his last chance of playing Test Cricket.It would be pretty disappointing if he came back and got injuries again