• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Mcgrath and Warne ever retire?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely this will be the chance for the rest of the cricketing world to close the gap with Australia. They still no doubt will be a great side, but the retirement of these 2 all time great will leave one hell of a gap.

I see Mcgrath is 35 next month and Warne is 36 in Sept.

How long have these 2 greats got left in them?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what about Warne and Murali's most test wickets record....

That may keep Warne going longer than expected

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Warne wont retire till Murali retires while still below Warne's record or till his own body packs up.

No need to pretend otherwise....And why not ?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
cricket player said:
I just dont like mcGrath he is big he is chubby.
He is fat
anyways why is he even playing cricket.?
Because he is a good bowler who takes alot of wickets.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cricket player said:
He is fat
haha whaaaaaa?? leave the joints to Liam buddy.

Deja moo

International Captain
As SJS said, Warne will definitely go on as long as he can to reduce the eventual gap between his and Muralis final test wicket tallys.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Deja moo said:
As SJS said, Warne will definitely go on as long as he can to reduce the eventual gap between his and Muralis final test wicket tallys.
goode ole competition eh? :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
goode ole competition eh? :p
And nothing wrong with it really.

Wasim Akram would never have retired at 414 test wickets (and Pakistan board wouldnt have allowed him anyway), if Kapils record of 434 wickets was still standing. Wasim would have gone for it and played till he over took it.

wahindiawah

Banned
cricket player said:
He is fat
Because he knows how to play good cricket ,God dammit! He's still the best pacer in the world, and he's certainly thinner than ur fat brainless captain Inzamam-ul-haq.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think guys playing on for records even after they have lost it should not be encouraged. Kapil is the case in point.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
wahindiawah said:
Because he knows how to play good cricket ,God dammit! He's still the best pacer in the world, and he's certainly thinner than ur fat brainless captain Inzamam-ul-haq.
Did you have to bring Inzy into it? I hope God strikes you down.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
He is fat
How right you are !

I also dont like Shane Warne because he is sooooo skinny. and why is even he playing cricket :sleep: