• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Mcgrath and Warne ever retire?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well he technically wasn't dropped... technically...
Yet I feel he knew the time was just around the corner when he would no longer be good enough.
Unlike his brother, he jumped before the remotest risk of being pushed... with hindsight I wish so much that Mark had retired after The Ashes 2001... though at the time I'd have been scandalised of course...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bryce said:
i actually think the opposite, i think they will both retire at their own will
Which may well be when they realize they're no longer good enough.

That's the Australian way.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
tooextracool said:
or rather when they get dropped or the selectors give them notice. like they did with david boon and the waughs.
Or with Ian Healy which prove a perfect time for him to go even though it was so sad.. I STILL believe he deserved that one test he wanted..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Deja moo said:
Dont you just hate it when you make a comment in all seriousness, and someone twists it to give it some other meaning ?
deja, i knew youd understand :happy:

cricket player

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
Warne was sked this question in the January isue of Wisden Asia Cricket.

q} How close have you come to retirement?
a} I have thought about it. That's why I retired from ODI cricket. I wanted to keep my test career going. It was a big deciion for me because it is such good un. If I want to play until I am 37 or 38, I had to do it.

Can wisden asia cricket ask mcGrath what he eat when he was a little kid?

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
McGARTH won'ts his eggs bang smack in the middle, or else he won't be happy

According to a interview

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
McGARTH won'ts his eggs bang smack in the middle, or else he won't be happy

According to a interview
You must have been dizzy when you wrote that. I can't understand what you mean.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Or with Ian Healy which prove a perfect time for him to go even though it was so sad.. I STILL believe he deserved that one test he wanted..
Yeah he did :(

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
McGrath - Wisden Cricketer January 2005 :-

The year's most shocking revelation came when Glenn McGrath admitted that he likes his fried eggs positioned bang in the middle of his toast, which must be white. There must be no overhanging egg white and the toast must be cut into quarters. Leading Australian psychiatrists described this level of precision as "perfectly normal", while their British equivalents called it "barmy as a can of peas and no mistake". More comforting for British fans, though, was the knowledge that there were now two such people in the world. Previously we had thought there was only one, a notorious wicketkeeper who wore the same floppy cap every day for 20 years, ate Weetabix only if it had been soaked in milk for 12 minutes and blindfolded people who wanted to visit his house. Are there many others still at large?

:D