• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Mcgrath and Warne ever retire?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
I also protest against AAs ears, Ijaz Ahmeds butt and Vettoris impersonation of a geek.
Now, now, Vettori gives hope to all those bookish-looking kids who missed out on playing Harry Potter in the movies.

:laugh:

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Voltman said:
Now, now, Vettori gives hope to all those bookish-looking kids who missed out on playing Harry Potter in the movies.

lol

I thought he'd be wearing googles

(Vettori is my fave Kiwi player)

bryce

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Both will play until they're no longer good enough. That's the Australian way.
i actually think the opposite, i think they will both retire at their own will

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Voltman said:

hey, dont you laugh at us... them! :ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
GoT_SpIn said:
Nah they will never retire, They will play on until their deathbeds
yeh my first thoughts as well. an 85-yr old warne turning it about 1cm :p

Deja moo

International Captain
Nnanden said:
oi, I never said he got a wicket :p
Dont you just hate it when you make a comment in all seriousness, and someone twists it to give it some other meaning ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My guesstimate is McGrath's retirement not very far away !

Quite possibly Ashes next year !

Warne's retirement extremely unlikely for another 3-4 years until Cameron White or some one else reaches the potential to take over the spinning duties for Australia ahead of Warne !!

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Warne was sked this question in the January isue of Wisden Asia Cricket.

q} How close have you come to retirement?
a} I have thought about it. That's why I retired from ODI cricket. I wanted to keep my test career going. It was a big deciion for me because it is such good un. If I want to play until I am 37 or 38, I had to do it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
sorry but they will never retire, as other CW members agree they will play until their death bed. end of disccusion :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Crazy Sam said:
at least two years each, unless they get a fairly bad injury.
McGrath had a fairly bad injury last year - Warne has had at least 2 - and they're both still playing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Because he knows how to play good cricket ,God dammit! He's still the best pacer in the world, and he's certainly thinner than ur fat brainless captain Inzamam-ul-haq.
Jesus, why the hell do you always have to bring this totally unneccessary stuff in? 8-)