Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85

Thread: Current best player

  1. #1
    U19 12th Man 12th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    262

    Current best player

    We've heard all about the best batsman in the world etc. but how about the overall best player in the world. For me it is Gilchrist, but what do you think?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Gilly
    Ponting
    McGrath
    Warne

    in no particular order.


  3. #3
    U19 12th Man 12th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    262
    I was not surprised to see you were Australian.

    Come on England

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    If they all played for england it would not surprise me if your response was the same.


  5. #5
    Cricket Spectator bestfriendh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    india
    Posts
    34

    heya

    well for me the best batsmen rite now will be gilchrist and sehwag.......no match for their style of battin........and very effective too....
    "better to be a witty fool than be a foolish wit"

  6. #6
    U19 12th Man 12th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    262

    Deary me

    Why you scallywag

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man
    For me it is Gilchrist, but what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man
    Why you Scallywag
    Because you asked.

  8. #8
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    29,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    If they all played for england it would not surprise me if your response was the same.
    Obviously he would disregard players of other nations just because his countris' players are good. Great insight.

  9. #9
    Cricketer Of The Year Adamc's Avatar
    Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in the wind, so to speak
    Posts
    9,128
    Don't mind Scallywag, he's just unaware that they play cricket north of Queensland. For mine, Flintoff is the best player at the moment, averaging over 50 with the bat and low-20s with the ball in both forms of the game in 2004. Interesting to see whether he can maintain that in 2005 though, he's set the bar extremely high.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Obviously he would disregard players of other nations just because his countris' players are good. Great insight.
    Because I dont have the same opinions as you that means I have no insight.

    Gilly, speaks for himself
    Ponting, big game player who has proven it in WC final and today
    McGrath, 450+ wickets and still destroying teams
    Warne, wins games time and time again

    Why cant any one of these players be regarded as the current best players.

  11. #11
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    29,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Because I dont have the same opinions as you that means I have no insight.

    Gilly, speaks for himself
    Ponting, big game player who has proven it in WC final and today
    McGrath, 450+ wickets and still destroying teams
    Warne, wins games time and time again

    Why cant any one of these players be regarded as the current best players.
    Obviously Kallis, Lara have done nothing in the last year and half to have any chance to make that list.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Obviously Kallis, Lara have done nothing in the last year and half to have any chance to make that list.
    Why dont you answer the question asked instead of concentrating on my answer. I was asked for an opinion and I gave it, if you have an opinion on who you think is the best current player then post it, why spend your time trying to say my opinion is wrong.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Martyn would also be a contender for the title aswell, 4 100's and 2 97's in the last 10 tests.

  14. #14
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    29,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Why dont you answer the question asked instead of concentrating on my answer. I was asked for an opinion and I gave it, if you have an opinion on who you think is the best current player then post it, why spend your time trying to say my opinion is wrong.
    I will post mine if and when I feel. But its kind of sad how you can stick to only your team and say those 4 were te best when clearly there were other as well.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    I will post mine if and when I feel. But its kind of sad how you can stick to only your team and say those 4 were te best when clearly there were other as well.
    I did not say they were the best, I said they are who I think are the best, and its five not four.

    I dont have a problem with other posters thinking whoever they think is the best and dont understand why its so important to you that I think what you want me to think.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Player Strength and weakness
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 02:39 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 08:58 AM
  3. Australian Domestic Player Poll
    By Mister Wright in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 12:36 AM
  4. **OFFICIAL PLAYER MOVEMENTS THREAD**
    By age_master in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •