• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current best player

12th Man

U19 12th Man
We've heard all about the best batsman in the world etc. but how about the overall best player in the world. For me it is Gilchrist, but what do you think?

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
heya

well for me the best batsmen rite now will be gilchrist and sehwag.......no match for their style of battin........and very effective too.... :laugh: 8-)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
If they all played for england it would not surprise me if your response was the same. 8-)
Obviously he would disregard players of other nations just because his countris' players are good. Great insight.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't mind Scallywag, he's just unaware that they play cricket north of Queensland. For mine, Flintoff is the best player at the moment, averaging over 50 with the bat and low-20s with the ball in both forms of the game in 2004. Interesting to see whether he can maintain that in 2005 though, he's set the bar extremely high.

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
Obviously he would disregard players of other nations just because his countris' players are good. Great insight.
Because I dont have the same opinions as you that means I have no insight.

Gilly, speaks for himself
Ponting, big game player who has proven it in WC final and today
McGrath, 450+ wickets and still destroying teams
Warne, wins games time and time again

Why cant any one of these players be regarded as the current best players.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
Because I dont have the same opinions as you that means I have no insight.

Gilly, speaks for himself
Ponting, big game player who has proven it in WC final and today
McGrath, 450+ wickets and still destroying teams
Warne, wins games time and time again

Why cant any one of these players be regarded as the current best players.
Obviously Kallis, Lara have done nothing in the last year and half to have any chance to make that list.

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
Obviously Kallis, Lara have done nothing in the last year and half to have any chance to make that list.
Why dont you answer the question asked instead of concentrating on my answer. I was asked for an opinion and I gave it, if you have an opinion on who you think is the best current player then post it, why spend your time trying to say my opinion is wrong.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
Why dont you answer the question asked instead of concentrating on my answer. I was asked for an opinion and I gave it, if you have an opinion on who you think is the best current player then post it, why spend your time trying to say my opinion is wrong.
I will post mine if and when I feel. But its kind of sad how you can stick to only your team and say those 4 were te best when clearly there were other as well.

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
I will post mine if and when I feel. But its kind of sad how you can stick to only your team and say those 4 were te best when clearly there were other as well.
I did not say they were the best, I said they are who I think are the best, and its five not four.

I dont have a problem with other posters thinking whoever they think is the best and dont understand why its so important to you that I think what you want me to think.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
I did not say they were the best, I said they are who I think are the best, and its five not four.

I dont have a problem with other posters thinking whoever they think is the best and dont understand why its so important to you that I think what you want me to think.
Okay if I am a Bangladesh fan and think Bashar, Javed Omar and Nafis Iqbal are the best players in the world, obviously you wouldnt have a problem. Or if I am a cricket fan who thinks no balls give a batsman 20 rns, obviously you wouldnt say they dont.

You can think what you want but stating 4 players from your country just disregards players of other countries who are also good. Which shows the least respect for them in your books. And that is some thing I can have a problem with.

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
Okay if I am a Bangladesh fan and think Bashar, Javed Omar and Nafis Iqbal are the best players in the world, obviously you wouldnt have a problem. Or if I am a cricket fan who thinks no balls give a batsman 20 rns, obviously you wouldnt say they dont..
You Idiot

Pratyush said:
You can think what you want but stating 4 players from your country just disregards players of other countries who are also good. Which shows the least respect for them in your books. And that is some thing I can have a problem with.
Then I suggest you see a psychiatrist for your problem because I'm unable to help you with this problem you have.

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
Best players in the world right now according to me :-

Lara
Kallis
Gilchrist
How can you disregard
McGrath
Flintoff
Strauss
Sehwag
Dravid
Murali
ponting
Martyn
Warne
Tendulkar
Sarwan

Typical of you, have your favorite players and disregard the rest regardless of what they have achieved.