• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current best player

Scallywag

Banned
Deja moo said:
last two series ?
I also thought that but I seem to cop a lot of flak when I use the last 5 tests as current form, maybe in England "current form" means something else than it does where I live. Also I'm used of the commentators using the current series when talking about current form.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
You Idiot

Then I suggest you see a psychiatrist for your problem because I'm unable to help you with this problem you have.

Your logics are very interesting. You call me an idiot if I give you the same arguement you gave me as an Australian fan for one which a Bangladeshi form would/could give you?

You can say which players you think have the best form but showing bias for your country is more idiotic than any thing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
How can you disregard
McGrath
Flintoff
Strauss
Sehwag
Dravid
Murali
ponting
Martyn
Warne
Tendulkar
Sarwan

Typical of you, have your favorite players and disregard the rest regardless of what they have achieved.
WOW. It was you who named 5 Australians as your favourite. And when I question you you say you can have the players you think as the ones of best form.

And I cant by that arguement even though I dont show the typical Aussie bias you do? Typical of you to put some one down when you cant debate it rather than any thing mate.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
tooextracool said:
because scoring runs against bangladesh doesnt count.
Runs scored against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe should be removed from test records IMO :( totally inflates test career records of every one.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Pratyush said:
Runs scored against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe should be removed from test records IMO :( totally inflates test career records of every one.
well no because at the end of the day they are still test playing nations, its like getting an A on an easy exam shouldnt be discounted because its an easy exam

Scallywag

Banned
marc71178 said:
It's more appropriate than a month or so.

Of course the best indicator would be PwC.

So everybodys opinion should be as the PwC ratings.

Some of us have favorite players and like to think of them as the best players we like, they might not be what you think as better players and thats what makes all supporters different instead of everybody thinking exactaly the same.

Football is a good example, Manchester might be on top of the ladder but that does not mean every football supported has to think they are the best team.

Last edited:

Scallywag

Banned
Pratyush said:
WOW. It was you who named 5 Australians as your favourite. And when I question you you say you can have the players you think as the ones of best form.

And I cant by that arguement even though I dont show the typical Aussie bias you do? Typical of you to put some one down when you cant debate it rather than any thing mate.
Yes I will allways have a typical Aussie bias but I wanted to show you that whatever you put as you personal favorites can allways be argued. On current form there are many players that can be considered the best and being Australian I will tend to favor Aussies and not select players from other teams against my own thoughts to satisfy you desire that I be unbiased.

twctopcat

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Football is a good example, Manchester might be on top of the ladder but that does not mean every football supported has to think they are the best team.
Those were the days............

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scallywag said:
Yes I will allways have a typical Aussie bias but I wanted to show you that whatever you put as you personal favorites can allways be argued. On current form there are many players that can be considered the best and being Australian I will tend to favor Aussies and not select players from other teams against my own thoughts to satisfy you desire that I be unbiased.
okay be as biased as you can. A Bangladeshi fan lists 10 bangladeshi's as best in the world next, dont object the nect time..

ijaz

Cricket Spectator
Martyn for my mind consistently great batting, Kallis had a great year so did vaughan im a huge fan of this english batsman...

Deja moo

International Captain
tooextracool said:
because scoring runs against bangladesh doesnt count.
I thought that if Pontings 200 against a Shoaib-less Pakistan count towards propelling him into a top 5 list, surely Sachins runs vs Bang should too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
Okay if I am a Bangladesh fan and think Bashar, Javed Omar and Nafis Iqbal are the best players in the world, obviously you wouldnt have a problem. Or if I am a cricket fan who thinks no balls give a batsman 20 rns, obviously you wouldnt say they dont.

You can think what you want but stating 4 players from your country just disregards players of other countries who are also good. Which shows the least respect for them in your books. And that is some thing I can have a problem with.
C'mon Pratyush, the above comments really are "warm milk and cookie comments and don't do your argument any favours.

You must accept that Ponting, mcgrath, warne and gilly are amoungst a group of maybe 10 cricketers in the world at the moment for whom each one could be argued as Worlds best Cricketer.

To compare the suggestion of those Aussie players with your suggestion of Bashar, Javed Omar and Nafis Iqbal (3 below average test players) is ludicrious.

I don't neccessary think Ponting, Mcgrath, Warne and Gilly are exclusively the world best cricketers at the moment, but at least one can put a fairly
decent argument up for all of them, the same as for another 5 or 6 cricketers in the world at the moment. Lara, Kallis, Dravid spring to mind

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Except Australia, who have played a grand total of three tests against both sides in the last decade.