• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current best player

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
Obviously Kallis, Lara have done nothing in the last year and half to have any chance to make that list.
Other than score 400 not out and a couple of double centuries.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Ponting would have to be up there. I have a lot of respect for his confidence and ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck with such authority. I dont think anyone in the world does it as good. You can see it in the way he moves and acts, he simply does not care and is not rattled. He just goes for it, which is why hes the best big match player in the game.

tooextracool

International Coach
Scallywag said:
in the last 5 tests Sarwan has averaged 66 to Laras 42.
yes thanks to that brilliant 261* against the mighty b'deshis. anyone who can put sarwan's name up there as the best player in test ATM is seriously a joke.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
damien martyn would be currently the best batsman imo, the one competition would be kallis, mcgrath, warne, kumble....well it's more difficult to pick the bowler, flintoff for best all-rounder...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You've got to admit.....Its hard to argue with Scallywag's choices of best players..

Ponting
Warne
Mcgrath
Gilly....

I'd like to argue against 4 aussies, but don't know if I can. If I was asked to choose either a test or oneday team at the moment and got the first 4 choices - I'd be quite happy taking the above 4 players.

Scallywag

Banned
marc71178 said:
Even bearing in mind the lack of batting form from Ponting and Gilchrist?

Averages for last 5 tests

Kallis 71
Lara 42
Ponting 91
Gilchrist 81
Flintoff 37
Martyn 78

McGrath 27wickets @16

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think Ponting should make that list because his test form has not been great since becoming captain,bar that 200.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
Craig Cumming is without a doubt the finest, most elegant batsman New Zealand has ever produced, and possibly the best the world has ever seen.

Hyik

Cricket Spectator
ch00baka said:
Craig Cumming is without a doubt the finest, most elegant batsman New Zealand has ever produced, and possibly the best the world has ever seen.
Craig Cumming was an absolutely horrible decision by the New Zealand selectors. He obviously sucked off Bracewell and Hadlee to get into the squad in the first place.