• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's All star games

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How many of these matches have actually happened like Asia vs ROW?

There was a game in Dhaka and one played in England where Tendulkar got runs. There were matches durin the packer days even on a 5 day series basis between Australia and ROW if I am not not mistaken.

Would be wonderful if some could list the matches and/or link the score cards.

Thanks.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
How many of these matches have actually happened like Asia vs ROW?

There was a game in Dhaka and one played in England where Tendulkar got runs. There were matches durin the packer days even on a 5 day series basis between Australia and ROW if I am not not mistaken.

Would be wonderful if some could list the matches and/or link the score cards.

Thanks.
I think the idea of ROW matches came about in the '70s to allow some of South Africa's stars to compete on an international stage. By all reports the Australia v. ROW matches (in Australia) were great spectacles, e.g. Gary Sobers' 254, which Don Bradman regarded as the best innings he had seen in Australia. It's a bit of a shame that the ICC decided not to award them full Test match status though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Do you know if the up coming one in october will be granted test status?
I'm not sure, I hope so though, as it is the best way to ensure the players perform at their peak. I hope the NZ v World XI series isn't granted ODI status though, as the World XI for that series seems to be made up of retirees and fringe players.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
I guess it would most certainly have to be given Test status, since this game has been given ODI status . :p

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whats the story about the NZ Vs WorldXI? i havent heard anything about this... why are they playing it? why is it nz? lol... can anyone post the details?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
NZ lost alot of money because of sri lankia not completing the series. So this series is basically for NZ to get some more money :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:

There will be a 6 day test match involving a rest of the world team against the top ranked ICC test team (assuming that is Australia) and three one day games. The test match will have official test status and the one dayers have been given full ODI status.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:
I said test status :lol:

Kind of pathetic world team! Langer is playing...
Don't see what's pathetic about that. I'd like him on my team.