• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who would get in2 Aus team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Hey guys, which players who aren't australian do u think would be good enough to be on the aus team if they were australian?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
God, first we get 50 threads discussing irrelevant and totally unquantifiable qualities in players, now we get about 100 discussing the supposed strength-in-depth in Australian cricket.
There was a time (maybe 2 or 3 days ago) when CC was a decent read.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry Richard...No-one should be discussing anything unless its of interest to you. Is that how it should work?

I thought this was a reasonable thread...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I think this is a great thread...

I'd say LAra... the guy is an absolute God... he'd probably replace Clarke.
I'd also probably carry Smith and have him rotate with Hayden and Langer with the two best form openers playing (i.e right now Smith and Langer)
A fit Shane Bond would probably make the side and replaces Kasperwicz... this is simply to have an all out quick in the side.
I'd also put Tendulkar in the side for Martyn (this is despite Dravid being a better player, but Dravid's slow batting woulnd't fit in with the rest of the Aussie team).
I'd then also put Stephen Fleming in for Lehmann... this guy would be really good in a team surrounded by champs...

So it'd read

Langer
Smith
Ponting
Tendulkar
Flemming
Lara
Gilchrist
Warne
Bond
Gillespie
McGrath

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
Sorry Richard...No-one should be discussing anything unless its of interest to you. Is that how it should work?

I thought this was a reasonable thread...
So would I, if it hadn't been done 50 times before or so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
It's usually still a decent read until you get involved.
Which would make it basically never - which would mean there's no point you even visiting such a dire-standard place. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or rather there has been one such time - there has also been one occasion of about 2 or 3 weeks where I've "disappeared" due to an inactive computer.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Since no-one has mentioned any England players yet, Harmison, Flintoff and Strauss would comfortably make the Australian team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Since no-one has mentioned any England players yet, Harmison, Flintoff and Strauss would comfortably make the Australian team.
And for the first that's laughable.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
James or another mod,

Could you please lock this thread? Richard has deemed it unworthy of continuing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've done nothing of the sort.
I've simply said I find the number of threads for the same purpose are IMO pointless.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
James or another mod,

Could you please lock this thread? Richard has deemed it unworthy of continuing.
Indeed, wish someone would lock him up. 6 posts and counting in this thread and all of them pointless and simply wrong. Perhaps the irony of him of complaining about repeating stuff is beyond him.

Edit: In retrospect perhaps he already is locked up.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Indeed, wish someone would lock him up. 6 posts and counting in this thread and all of them pointless and simply wrong. Perhaps the irony of him of complaining about repeating stuff is beyond him.

Edit: In retrospect perhaps he already is locked up.
Perhaps the self-centred idiocy of yourself is beyond you.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Thats ridiculous... i maybe would only have one of them (harmison)... if he's lucky.... its terrible to suggest that you break up the most successful opening partnership in recent times (maybe ever) of hayden and langer and put in strauss... maybe you could squeeze harmison in over kasper, but not on recent form.. i couldnt find a place for flintoff to tell you the truth, especially with gilly coming in at 7 already

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
Perhaps the self-centred idiocy of yourself is beyond you.
You contributed nothing to this thread apart from saying its crap. And you continue to stick to it to spoil it.

Status
Not open for further replies.