• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who would get in2 Aus team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strauss is Langer mark II and he has enough class to bat anywhere in the top 6. To say that Australia have 6 batsmen better than him is simply ludicrous, so he would comfortably make the Australian side. Oz only have 2 World class pace bowlers, so again Harmison makes it comfortably. Flintoff is a number 6 and Clarke wouldn't get a look in against Flintoff of the last year or so.

Edit: Aww Motty is making out I'm an idiot again, you really haven't a clue how to defend yourself have you boy? Calling someone who's patently smarter than yourself an idiot is like charging onto machine gun nests armed with a slingshot. I presume you can't use the 'Scrabble obsessive' line because you yourself are obsessed with rambling like a buffoon on threads you admittedly detest, but at least come up with something before you come out firing blanks.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss is Langer mark II and he has enough class to bat anywhere in the top 6. To say that Australia have 6 batsmen better than him is simply ludicrous, so he would comfortably make the Australian side. Oz only have 2 World class pace bowlers, so again Harmison makes it comfortably. Flintoff is a number 6 and Clarke wouldn't get a look in against Flintoff of the last year or so.
ok although i dont agree, i will give you strauss (but i still believe clarke is a better talent)... who are you going to drop for flintoff?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Strauss would take Langer's spot and Flintoff would take Clarke's spot.
so you would drop the guy who has made the most runs in the last year for someone who may just be a flash in the pan?? youre a braver man than i.....

Scallywag

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
Strauss would take Langer's spot and Flintoff would take Clarke's spot.
Strauss would not take Langers place.

Strauss is yet to play India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Australia whereas Langer has proven himself against all these teams.

Langer scored more runs last year than Strauss has scored in his entire career and you say that Strauss would take Langers spot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Aww Motty is making out I'm an idiot again, you really haven't a clue how to defend yourself have you boy?
Yep - I could call you a cretin or an ignoramus or a simpleton if I felt like it - because where cricket is concerned you patently are all of the above - and your best comeback is the "Motty" tedium.
Calling someone who's patently smarter than yourself an idiot
is generally more cogitative than claiming "I'm smarter than this one" because you've judged that you are based on a few posts on a cricket forum.
is like charging onto machine gun nests armed with a slingshot. I presume you can't use the 'Scrabble obsessive' line because you yourself are obsessed with rambling like a buffoon on threads you admittedly detest, but at least come up with something before you come out firing blanks.
And can you come-up with anything but this humdrum of shibboleths to make yourself look like a big boy? Extremely doubtful.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
What is a "humdrum of shibboleths"?
A treadmill of apophthegms. :)

Or a constant churning-out of non-stop, never-changing catchphrases, if you prefer. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.