Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 aus teams???

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    doubt it, i think the aussie selectors are actually stupid enough to keep the world class players out - kaspa,bevan, katich etc and pick the likes of watson,macgill,lee etc ahead of them.
    MacGill has played the grand sum of about two ODIs I think, and Kasper is currently in the side.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    MacGill has played the grand sum of about two ODIs I think, and Kasper is currently in the side.
    who said i was talking about macgill and ODIs? i included players from both forms as a generalization of how stupid the aussie selectors are.
    with regard to kaspa, he didnt play in the last test and the last ODI, and it seems that no matter how well he bowls, hes always on the brink of being dropped after 1 poor performance in both tests and ODIs. of course if darlings like clarke and hayden fail for an entire series they are simply welcomed into the side.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

who said i was talking about macgill and ODIs? i included players from both forms as a generalization of how stupid the aussie selectors are.
    with regard to kaspa, he didnt play in the last test and the last ODI, and it seems that no matter how well he bowls, hes always on the brink of being dropped after 1 poor performance in both tests and ODIs. of course if darlings like clarke and hayden fail for an entire series they are simply welcomed into the side.
    Clarke is still in the side because the selectors are giving him an extended run - something that was always going to happen as soon as he broke into the side, as the selectors had even said he was the man they were looking to for the future.

As for not talking about ODIs, well as far as I can see everyone else was.

Clarke is still in the side because the selectors are giving him an extended run - something that was always going to happen as soon as he broke into the side, as the selectors had even said he was the man they were looking to for the future.

And Hayden has scored a thousand runs a year for the past four years - something NOONE has ever done before.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

no its not something im complaining about, he deserves to get more chances. what i am complaining about though is the unfair treatment of certain aussie players such as kaspa who no matter how rubbish the back up bowlers are always having the axe above their head no matter how well hes bowled in the past. explain to me how someone who had an ODI bowling average of 14 @ 3.67 in 2004 can be dropped? explain to me why symonds was picked ahead of katich for the first 2 tests in SL when katich was averaging 55 in test cricket and had just saved their a**es in the previous test against india?

the topic said 2 aus teams, nowhere did the person who start the topic say anything about ODI or test teams. just because someone brought in the point about some tri series 10 years ago and everyone else started to talk about that for the rest of the topic, doesnt mean i have to do the same. as far as im concerned i didnt quote anyone who was talking about ODI cricket(or at least he didnt mention that he was).

Quote Originally Posted by mavric41
    And Hayden has scored a thousand runs a year for the past four years - something NOONE has ever done before.
    incidentally there was another player who did the same. a player who scored against every team in ODI cricket and IMO is the best ODI player the game has ever seen. yes of course in that case it didnt matter at all did it? he was considered past his prime and not offered a contract. such double standards is quite unbelievable.

incidentally there was another player who did the same. a player who scored against every team in ODI cricket and IMO is the best ODI player the game has ever seen. yes of course in that case it didnt matter at all did it? he was considered past his prime and not offered a contract. such double standards is quite unbelievable.
    I assume you are talking about Bevan. I agree he was dropped prematurely, but so were both the Waughs etc. If their replacements hadn't performed so well and the team was losing - I'm sure they would go back to him.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bestfriendh
    guys as was listed in the forums...there r sooo many aus players who r world class level but are not playin.......i juss thought maybe have a second aus team as well...........tht will improve the competetion in cricket......wat say guys???
    Nah. By your logic, we would have 5 Brazilian football teams in international football..

I assume you are talking about Bevan. I agree he was dropped prematurely, but so were both the Waughs etc. If their replacements hadn't performed so well and the team was losing - I'm sure they would go back to him.
    both the waughs had been underperforming for a while. and remember the team had gone through a slump in ODIs, first time they hadnt reached the finals of their own tournament so changes had to be made. in bevans case the team was actually winning when he was dropped. and with regard to going back to him, i doubt they will, and we've already seen them lose 2 out of their last 3 ODIs.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    But the volume of cricket up to this decade made it pretty much impossible.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    But the volume of cricket up to this decade made it pretty much impossible.
    Still no other current batsman has done it.

the topic said 2 aus teams, nowhere did the person who start the topic say anything about ODI or test teams. just because someone brought in the point about some tri series 10 years ago and everyone else started to talk about that for the rest of the topic, doesnt mean i have to do the same. as far as im concerned i didnt quote anyone who was talking about ODI cricket(or at least he didnt mention that he was).
    Yeah yeah, fair enough man. But you could have made it clearer!

first time they hadnt reached the finals of their own tournament so changes had to be made.
    Actually they also didn't make the finals in the 1996/97 ODI tri-series with Pakistan and the West Indies.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

heya

imo too there r cretain players who were performin and still dropped .......bevan is the first to come to ma mind ........kaspa too......sigh.....india.....pak.......sri.....have not half the bench strength these aus guys have...........
    "better to be a witty fool than be a foolish wit"

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Actually they also didn't make the finals in the 1996/97 ODI tri-series with Pakistan and the West Indies.
    Let's hope for history to repeat itself...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information