• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Most Technically Correct/Sound Batsman

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Current Most Technically Correct Batsman

Copy book style. Straight from the cricketing batsman manual of shot making.

Who is your vote?

Mine - Sachin Tendulkar.

Last edited:

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Harbajhan Singh & Muttiah Muralitharan. Prefect orthodox techniques.
:laugh:

Hmm. Ricky Ponting, Mark Richardson, Rahul Dravid...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta be Jacques Kallis, innit?

There are certainly others I'd prefer to watch when in full-flow, but JK's technique is pretty flawless.

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Nah, Sachin isn't particularly especially correct..

Boeta Dippenaar gets my vote
Don Bradman's mordern reincarnation (in his own words) isn't technically correct...so are we implying something here?

Langeveldt

Soutie
masterblaster10 said:
Don Bradman's mordern reincarnation (in his own words) isn't technically correct...so are we implying something here?
Yeah, that there isn't a huge correlation between ability, and technical correctness..

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Yeah, that there isn't a huge correlation between ability, and technical correctness..
Would have to agree on that one...So, you could be absolutely technically sound and correct, but that's what you end up focussing or preoccupying yourself as a batsman, and lose that extra ability that comes naturally to some people (bradman, tendulkar) ie. to score runs.

Langeveldt

Soutie
masterblaster10 said:
Would have to agree on that one...So, you could be absolutely technically sound and correct, but that's what you end up focussing or preoccupying yourself as a batsman, and lose that extra ability that comes naturally to some people (bradman, tendulkar) ie. to score runs.
Thats basically what I have personally done to myself, yeah. Even down to I'd rather play a lovely cover drive and an immaculate defensive shot for an over, and get say three, than hoik 7 off the over.. Unless the situation really required me get on with it!

Last edited:

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
heya

well imo the most techincally poessesed batsman......who some times focuses on technique more rather than scoring is Dravid.... :laugh: 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
bestfriendh said:
well imo the most techincally poessesed batsman......who some times focuses on technique more rather than scoring is Dravid.... :laugh: 8-)
And that is why he is my favourite Indian batsman of all time :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
bestfriendh said:
yes i would tend to agree with that.....

a massive zebra

International Captain
masterblaster10 said:
*Cough* Darren Ganga *Cough*

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Langeveldt said:
Yeh :( :( Makes me sad to see ugly biffers like Trescothick averaging more :(
lol yes treso seems to have the lack of any great technical superiority over many.....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jesus, how many of these threads discussing irrelevancies (and totally unquantifiables) have we had recently?
I make it 6.