• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You were pushing it with the 1st part of that post, but the second showed exactly how biased your views are.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't be sure about preferred to Hogg - his record of late has been brilliant.
Yea granted but I would say that won't last for too much longer and Hogg has been left out of the side for the last two matches. I think they would prefer him to Hogg because he has a future at 25 and Australia seem to favour the future in their ODI side selections

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
You were pushing it with the 1st part of that post, but the second showed exactly how biased your views are.
Yes i agree with you Marc. I think cric_manic has been listening to Ian Smith who said the same thing. There is no way that Vettori is the third best spinner in the world. He has the potential to be the third best spinner in the world but he needs to keep on performing consistantly like he is at the moment for a good 18-24 months before he can be considered the third best spinner in the world. Kumble is for me the third best in the world

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
i dont think so,i rate giles highly but he is not as good as vettorie
as for him being the third best spinner in the world i think that is justified he is bowling well at the moment,better than eny other spinner is.
He is bowling in nz wich doesnt offer alot to spin bowlers

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
dinu23 said:
Well Done World Xi!! Superb Performance! Lets Kick Some More Butt In The Last Game!
that wasnt a superb preformance a good 0ne but not superb
NZ would have learnt from there mistakes and will most likely win the next game

dinu23

International Debutant
cric_manic said:
that wasnt a superb preformance a good 0ne but not superb
NZ would have learnt from there mistakes and will most likely win the next game
NZ have no chance of winning the last game! The only threat is Flemming. when he's gone, it will be a piece of cake! :p

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
dinu23 said:
NZ have no chance of winning the last game! The only threat is Flemming. when he's gone, it will be a piece of cake! :p
What a stupid post. NZ had the best win/loss ratio in One Day cricket last year. They are an excellent one day unit and won't lie down lightly. Beating them in ODI's these days is pretty tough so the World XI did well but if they do happen to win the third game it definetly won't be a piece of cake

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ have won a fair amount of ODI's recently where Fleming has made little impact on the score...e.g. First Chappell/Hadlee game where he was out for a 2nd ball duck.

While I don't want to make excuses for defeat, there's no question that NZ were trying different things out yesterday. Im not sure whether Astle or McMillan would have bowled in a regular international at this stage & whether Cairns would have been coming in so early in the batting order.
Bowling Mills at the death was also another sign that they're trying to find out whether he's still mentally tough enough to bowl at the death (which clearly I don't think he is)

What I do think & this was also mentioned with Smith & Richardson at the end, is that Tuffey & Mills are better off bowling 7 or 8 overs straight up when the ball is swinging & then leaving the death bowling to Cairns or Oram who perhaps are better at bowling change-ups & variations.

Anyway, let's hope for sun tommorow & also the prospects of passing the $1 million mark.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cairns should DEFINITELY be doing the death bowling. IMO he is far better suited to that, and will be much harder to get away for the 4s and 6s.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard Rash said:
Speaking of Bond he obviously didn't play club cricket on Saturday because I saw him on tv at the Black Caps game with Richard Sherlock.. does anyone know why he wasn't playing?
The local associations usually shift club cricket when there's an ODI on in that region. I presume Bond and Sherlock would've played for their clubs on Sunday, and I can check for results in the Christchurch Press when it's archived tomorrow if you like.

Here in Wellington we were meant to play both Saturday and Monday (well, not me at the moment because of an injury), but that was changed to Saturday/Sunday after the World XI games were scheduled.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cric_manic said:
as for him being the third best spinner in the world i think that is justified he is bowling well at the moment,better than eny other spinner is.
If he was actually bowling better than any other wouldn't that make him the best?

That said this good run of form is a total of what, 4 games?

2 of those were against Bangladesh!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
dinu23 said:
Take your amateur fishing expedition elsewhere.