• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

southern man

U19 Cricketer
But haven't we seen what a great player Mills is at test level already?

If he gets another go then you could see Langer and hayden licking their lips.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
I agree with Ming and think that Oram should be batting at 6 in the tests as he proved he had the skills in the Brisbane Test Match v Australia. Oram's bowling in the Test matches is a little bit frustrating as he is more of a partnership bowler in keeping it tight at one end and possibly picking up 2 wickets in an Innings.

In the O.D.I's, I think that Oram could either open the bowling with Tuffey or come in as 1st change and just bowl out his 10 overs then as he did last summer v Pakistan and South Africa. If Wilson proves himself in these matches I think he could be a possibility to bowl in the middle or death overs, and I would like to see him get a chance to in one of the upcoming matches v the F.I.C.A XI. I thought that Wilson didn't do too badly today, probably a bit nervous and was straying with his lines early on in his bowling and bowling a 4 ball per over, but he has a chance to prove how he can bowl in the next 2 matches with Oram not likely to bowl unless he comes through training ok.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
_Ed_ said:
Unlucky Streak, sweeping and hit the back of the bat, caught at slip. Warne to come in now, something special needed from him.
Funny that Streak is there, since Cricinfo reckons he's playing in a Zimbabwean league match this weekend!

bryce

International Regular
Tim said:
I can't wait to see the highlights...unfortunately I had to play cricket myself today.
same here, i was hoping to catch the end of the match but it was over so quickly

Ming

State 12th Man
southern man said:
But haven't we seen what a great player Mills is at test level already?
Two Tests (one he was injured), and now you think he will never represent NZ again?

Didn't Ponting start out with three ducks in a row...

sportychic33, Oram could perform the role that Flintoff is playing for England. Big Jake is a class act, it's time he was permanently moved up the order.

rogerramjet

Cricket Spectator
Didn't Ponting start out with three ducks in a row...
Yeah, but Ponting doesn't look like sideshow Bob and chuck down medium pacers with a girly action.

Still, his record on ODIs is pretty good (in NZ terms). His SR is 39 (Tuffey's is 37.7) and his economy rate is 4.54 (identical to Tuffey's); so I may well be prejudicing the guy based purely on his girly action.

Ming

State 12th Man
rogerramjet said:
Yeah, but Ponting doesn't look like sideshow Bob and chuck down medium pacers with a girly action.
Unfortunately I'm not gay and don't care about a cricketer's looks.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Seriously, it is. Search the forums for haircut and you'll find the threads that were started within the last month over who has the best and worst haircut in international cricket today. :p

I used to hate Mills but he's finally turning into a worthwhile bowler lately. I prefer a girly action to Franklin's girly squeal of delight every time he takes a wicket, even if it's a good thing that he's just done... scarey guy, that Franklin.

rogerramjet

Cricket Spectator
I used to hate Mills but he's finally turning into a worthwhile bowler lately. I prefer a girly action to Franklin's girly squeal of delight every time he takes a wicket, even if it's a good thing that he's just done... scarey guy, that Franklin.
Like I've already said, the guys deveolping a good record ad all power to him. Franklin has done well for NZ in tests but seems to throw pies in ODIs. I'd love a good leftie opening the bowling for NZ in ODI (ala Allott) but he has not quite managed it yet.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Also, whoever said Adams isn't an all rounder might need to think about the fact that he's scored a 100 in county cricket debut off 80 balls if I remember rightly. His problem is that he's like Afridi but is even more incosistent than him. And that's terribly inconsistent.

bryce

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
His problem is that he's like Afridi but is even more incosistent than him. And that's terribly inconsistent.
which is why he couldn't be classed as an allrounder, sure he has talents with the bat but when you put up good scores that infrequently then you can't really be called an allrounder, same boat as tama canning except his batting is slightly more consistent but still a fair way from being consistent

Ming

State 12th Man
Yeah, many "allrounders" in NZ shouldn't be classified as an allrounder.

A few examples are Mayu Pasupati, Warren McSkimming, Paul Wiseman....