• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachinization of Indian cricket have Began!

Arrives "Sehwag", the pitch blaster, a crabon copy of the greatest bastman who have ever walked on Earth "Sir Sachin Tendulkar".Yup buddy, younger players are shaping themselves after Sachin.Soon INdia will have more than 2 Sachin, imagine India playing with 6 Sachin :D. Can anyone then be able to bowl out such a team???

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It'll take a fair while for Shewag to become one of the top 5 batsmen in the World.

One might argue that on his current form, Tendulkar isn't even in that bracket!

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
what a senseless thread. This guy has just started out and he is already the world top 5 ? :I

Stop this schoolboy posts and act mature guys.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
He hasn't got any critics, has he?

He's 23 and only playing in his 7th test match - with an average approaching 60.

TM2, where do you get your ideas from?

And as for Sachin being the 'greatest batsman who has ever walked on the Earth', he's good, but I think one or two of the following could have something to say about that :

Sir Don Bradman, Sir Len Hutton, Wally Hammond, Sidney Barnes, Sir Garfield Sobers, George Headley, Graeme Pollock, Herbert Sutcliffe, Ken Barrington, Everton Weekes.

anzac

International Debutant
yep right on the mark

with logic such as in this thread then we can look forward to Vaughan being declared the best with 3 tons in his last 5 knocks!!!!

for that matter i would like to nominate Scott Styris for best test batsman based upon his debut test knock of a ton in the first innings and half ton in his second (well it makes about as much sence to me - lol)

:laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lawrence Rowe would come into the equation based upon the same logic. :D

Another fine Derbyshire player. 8D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Or the West Indian who scored a ton in his only Test innings and never played again?

Anyway, the way Sachin is playing atm, I wouldn't mind six of them in the team. Sehwag gets himself out too much currently, but if he irons out the stupid dismissals...

Gambhir is said to be another Sachin in the making, the opener have scored tons of runs in the domestic cricket and has done well on the A team tours!!!

"Sir Don Bradman, Sir Len Hutton, Wally Hammond, Sidney Barnes, Sir Garfield Sobers, George Headley, Graeme Pollock, Herbert Sutcliffe, Ken Barrington, Everton Weekes."

They were all great players, but they lose to SACHIN in comparison.Only Braddy can be compared to Sachin, rest can't be compared to the great one!

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
I have already posted that guys like you are a disgrace to sensible indian posters like me. Dude check out the scores of the 2nd test and get a clue.

I just wish these 5 yr olds would just disappear instead of trolling the net

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"Sir Don Bradman, Sir Len Hutton, Wally Hammond, Sidney Barnes, Sir Garfield Sobers, George Headley, Graeme Pollock, Herbert Sutcliffe, Ken Barrington, Everton Weekes."

They were all great players, but they lose to SACHIN in comparison.Only Braddy can be compared to Sachin, rest can't be compared to the great one!
You know those things on your head below your hair and above your nose? They're your eyes. You can read things and watch things with them. You appear to have absolutely no clue about the history of cricket, whatsoever.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well said, Neil.

I'd just cut the same quote and was about to respond in kind.

He's good, very good. OK, he's great and fabulous to watch - but to be acclaimed as the greatest ever is something totally different.

I guess TM2 is confusing the phrases ' the greatest' with 'my favourite'.

And even if he goes on to make 250 and save the game tomorrow, that won't change the situation one jot.

Incidentally, I wonder what the Don's average would have been if he had been playing today? He only played against WI, SA and England (oh, and a series against India in the twilight of his career when he averaged 178.75)

anzac

International Debutant
Dear TM2 et all,

a small cricketing history lesson to remember when comparing the various merits of past players -

a. bowling speeds have not really advanced at at when compared to the great quicks of yesteryear - Larwood etc

b. technology & equipment - esp protective equipment for batsmen was virtually unheard of - no helmets, pads & gloves a lot thinner, no body armour or thigh pads etc

c. no restriction on bowling short to anyone

d. they played on uncovered wickets - i.e. no covers used = they freashen up overnight every night - no flat tracks to bat on. this also means that the wicket preparation was not as precise as today - more variations in height & movement!!!

yet with all these advantages batsmen today have not been able to improve their averages accordingly. that's why the afore mentioned greats are considered to be just that - great.

i would go so far as to even suggest that most of the top international batsmen of the past would have even better averages if playing today and would still dominate the stats - yet i struggle to say the same for todays heros - including the likes of Sachin & Lara. yes they would still be successful as they are class acts, but they would not dominate as they do in the modern game.

thus endeth the lesson for this thread!!!

8D