• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best delivery?

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
What is the best delivery you've ever seen. I know you've probably seen alot but there has to be one that sticks in your mind.

I know my one.

VB series, 2001/02, Australia VS New Zealand

The Aussies are 3-25, having lost Mark Waugh, Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn. Gilchrist is looking good, with 4 boundaries in his 18-ball 21. Shane Bond runs in, and bowls a ripper of a yorker. 151 K/ph, swinging in beautifully, and Gilchrist didn't have a clue and was bowled middle stump.

From then on, the Aussies only managed 165.

Post yours.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Slats4ever said:
I know it's famous but you can't go past "that ball" from Warnie to Gat
That ball is overrated. Yes it spun a lot but Gatting's exaggerated reaction to getting out just hyped it up. Murali bowled a similar ball to Ramesh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The one with B.K.V.Prasad bowled Gary Kirsten in 1997 tops my list. A personal favourite.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Gilo's ball to get rid of Lara at Edgebaston or Lords (When lara charged him and got bowled) or one of Andy Caddick's off stump somersaulting balls against the windies at Headingley 2000 - the infamous 2 day test - where caddick got 4 in an over. I've enjoyed some of Steve harmison's this year too.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not just great delivery...it's great delivery which the batsman couldn't play. If the batsman could it would have been the same ball but no-one would ever speak of it again

thierry henry

International Coach
Shayne O'Connor bowled Steve Waugh (who was on about 96) in 97/98 with a full-toss that changed direction about 3 times. It was awesome.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
thierry henry said:
Shayne O'Connor bowled Steve Waugh (who was on about 96) in 97/98 with a full-toss that changed direction about 3 times. It was awesome.
That was a great ball, between bat and pad right?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heath Streak bowled an unbelievable yorker to Lara the year before last. The ball was pitched on a perfect yorker length at middle stump from over the wicket. Lara was in prime touch at the time but had absolutely no answer.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hadlee to dismiss Steve Waugh in about 1985/86. Perfect pace bowler's deilivery - swung in slightly, pitched on middle and took out off stump.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A recent ball with which MacGill bowled a Pakistan batsman around his legs is a new addition to the list..

cricket player

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
A recent ball with which MacGill bowled a Pakistan batsman around his legs is a new addition to the list..
The batsman that was bowled by macGill has a name.
It is not a pakistani batsman he is yousuf youhana.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
The batsman that was bowled by macGill has a name.
It is not a pakistani batsman he is yousuf youhana.
Don't be so sensitive - he probably just forgot which player it was.

Beleg

International Regular
Wasim Akram's two famous delivery's in 92 WC final. Also, Shoaib Akhtar's yorker to get rid of Tendulkar in Calcutta.