• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current (not past) most explosive batsman...

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
This could be a one day or test batsman doesn't really matter.

When I mean explosive, I mean the power and timing behind the shots (like a bullet...)

One's that immediately come to mind - Sehwag, Lara, Gilchrist, Afridi, Cairns, Tendulkar...so who is your vote?

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Cairns can be lethal but he doesn't do it as consistently as a Gilchrist, Flintoff etc.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist in my mind, because that's typically his game plan. The likes of Lara, Ponting, Tendulkar and (yes) Kallis are all capable of dispatching high quality bowling too, but they're not the same kind of player as Gilchrist.

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
I would have to agree Adam Gilchrist currently is the most explosive. Tendulkar started out like that (but not currently).

Likes of Ponting (who can forget hitting in world cup 03 final), Cairns, Flintoff, etc. can all hit, but not consistenly. I mean some days they would come with a mind set to hit, and some days they look just really poor in form.

In that sense, Gilchrist, knows only one way.

Watch out for another dude...Sehwag.

Josh

International Regular
Gilchrist, Sehwag, Symonds (needs a little more consistancy tho), Gayle

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
masterblaster10 said:
I mean some days they would come with a mind set to hit, and some days they look just really poor in form.
Actually, in the case of Flintoff, that is him maturing as a player and building an innings before going hell for leather. At the same time he is getting more big scores - hardly poor form.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No one has ever been as explosive as Shahid Afridi.

No one has ever been so explosive with so much consistency as A.C.Gilchrist.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:

EVER ??

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
Even if Afridi plays in one dayers, I doubt any one has been as explosive in the game as he has. There was the big Australian fella I have heard from the past but thats about it.

Consistently as explosive too, no one comes close to Gilly seeing his test strike rate as it stands.

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:

I would have to disagree with the EVER comment. We all know what Tendulkar did to the game of one day cricket when he started out. Totally devastating. Any bowler, any where, and with consistency too.

But then again, let's not quite get out of context here if you will, lets not talk about the EVER scenario, cause we would not like to go in the past (Richards, etc.)

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
Imo

wel this is strictly ma opinion..........the three most explosive players are

sehwag

gilchrist

ajit agarkar(its juss tht i enjoy his batting...uhm when he bats long enuff)