• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most elegant batsmen

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not necessarily after batsmen with the best average, most runs, most 100s or even hardest hitting but just simply the most elegant, graceful and Classical to watch.

Those who bring real pleasure to the eye.

For me a few that spring to mind are...

Martin Crowe
Mark Waugh
VVS Laxman
David Gower
Greg Chappell
Stephen Fleming
Damien Martyn

Marius

International Debutant
Darryl Cullinan and Andrew Hudson. Even Shaun Pollock can play some very nice looking shots. If he had concentrated on his batting, he would be averaging over 40 in Tests now.

Beleg

International Regular
i personally liked watching Saeed Anwar play. Pretty elegent and flowing.

and also mark waugh.

Swervy

International Captain
Gower in full flow was the most elegant I have ever seen.Made batting look TOO easy

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Lots.

Martin Crowe
Mark Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar
Laxman
Stephen Fleming
Brian Lara

First ones that pop into my head.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Waugh is by far the most elegant i have ever seen, mind you most of these people were abit before my time

gio

U19 Cricketer
For me, there is no better site than Michael Vaughan in full flow with his cover divers, off drives, pulls, cuts, straight drives... beautiful.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Laxman, Mark Waugh, Tom Graveney, David Gower, ML Jaisimha amongst others