• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help Needed Please

ian671

Cricket Spectator
there was a question on my local radio station last night and i cant for the life of me think of the answer. Q. what is the only tornerment that the australian cricketers have never won? ive racked my brain and cant think what it is, ive looked on the net and cant find it there either. knowing the deviousness of the usual questions it could be anything..... womans cricket, under 19s, anything at all. if you can help me, and can save what little bit of hair i have left (before i pull the rest out lol) i would be very greatful. thanks in advance :wallbash:

FlemingFan

Cricket Spectator
I think it might be the ICC Champions Trophy ???

Have looked at the ICC website and found this quote before the 2004 tournament:

"Australia is favourite to win its first ICC Champions Trophy according to seven team captains. Habibul Bashar, Stephen Fleming, Graeme Smith, Richard Staple, Steve Tikolo, Inzamum-ul-Huq and Michael Vaughan have all tipped the World Champions to win the title, while Ricky Ponting rates India’s chances for success."

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
it is odd how the aussies seem to be in a little bit of a slump around the ICC champs trophy, yet were so well prepared for the world cup in 2003.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ICC Champions Trophy - won by South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka/India, West Indies.

Would it be Lincs FM?...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crazy Sam said:
it is odd how the aussies seem to be in a little bit of a slump around the ICC champs trophy, yet were so well prepared for the world cup in 2003.
Different format. Remember Australia started a little slowly in the 1999 World Cup, but because of the round robin nature they recovered, reached the final and thrashed Pakistan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Different format. Remember Australia started a little slowly in the 1999 World Cup, but because of the round robin nature they recovered, reached the final and thrashed Pakistan.
They were still incredibly close to going out on more than 2 occasions and were by no stretch of the imagination the best side in the tournament.

ian671

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
ICC Champions Trophy - won by South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka/India, West Indies.

Would it be Lincs FM?...
yes it is lincs fm. its the pick your posser quiz.

ian671

Cricket Spectator
thanks all, that was doing my head in. didn't even give the icc a second thought, i assumed they had already won that

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm.. haven't listened to that since the Top 200 last Easter - don't intend to do so again until this Easter...

ian671

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Hmm.. haven't listened to that since the Top 200 last Easter - don't intend to do so again until this Easter...
lol i enjoy it, good varierty of music and fun quizzes.