• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Cricketers since Warney's debut

carpet

Cricket Spectator
Hi all

I've been trying to work out in my head who has made their debut since Warney. Now I need clarification. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all Australian test cricketers. Thanks in advance.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
carpet said:
Hi all

I've been trying to work out in my head who has made their debut since Warney. Now I need clarification. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all Australian test cricketers. Thanks in advance.
350 SK Warne v India Sydney 1991/92
351 WN Phillips v India Perth 1991/92
352 PR Reiffel v India Perth 1991/92
353 DR Martyn v West Indies Brisbane 1992/93
354 JL Langer v West Indies Adelaide 1992/93
355 J Angel v West Indies Perth 1992/93
356 BP Julian v England Manchester 1993
357 MJ Slater v England Manchester 1993
358 GD McGrath v New Zealand Perth 1993/94
359 ML Hayden v South Africa Johannesburg 1993/94
360 MG Bevan v Pakistan Karachi 1994/95
361 DW Fleming v Pakistan Rawalpindi 1994/95
362 PA Emery v Pakistan Lahore 1994/95
363 GS Blewett v England Adelaide 1994/95
364 PE McIntyre v England Adelaide 1994/95
365 SG Law v Sri Lanka Perth 1995/96
366 RT Ponting v Sri Lanka Perth 1995/96
367 GB Hogg v India Delhi 1996/97
368 MTG Elliott v West Indies Brisbane 1996/97
369 MS Kasprowicz v West Indies Brisbane 1996/97
370 JN Gillespie v West Indies Sydney 1996/97
371 AJ Bichel v West Indies Adelaide 1996/97
372 S Young v England The Oval 1997
373 SH Cook v New Zealand Perth 1997/98
374 SCG MacGill v South Africa Adelaide 1997/98
375 GR Robertson v India Chennai 1997/98
376 P Wilson v India Kolkata 1997/98
377 AC Dale v India Bangalore 1997/98
378 DS Lehmann v India Bangalore 1997/98
379 CR Miller v Pakistan Rawalpindi 1998/99
380 MJ Nicholson v England Melbourne 1998/99
381 AC Gilchrist v Pakistan Brisbane 1999/00
382 SA Muller v Pakistan Brisbane 1999/00
383 B Lee v India Melbourne 1999/00
384 SM Katich v England Leeds 2001
385 ML Love v England Melbourne 2002/03
386 BA Williams v Zimbabwe Sydney 2003/04
387 NW Bracken v India Brisbane 2003/04
388 A Symonds v Sri Lanka Galle 2003/04
389 MJ Clarke v India Bangalore 2004/05
390 NM Hauritz v India Mumbai 2004/05

Note: Where more than one player made their debut in the same Test
the numbers are allocated alphabetically.

MJ Slater and BP Julian appear reversed in the ACB version of numbering
because Slater was allowed to keep 356 having assumed that
allocation would be by batting order

To find all Australian cricketers - a) On Yahoo or Google - find Cricinfo website
b) next On Cricinfo Home page on left hand column find "Records" .
c) Double click on this to reveal Home Page of Cricket records.
d) On this page then Double click on "Test Match Records" .
e) On the following page double click on "Test Match Debuts".
f) On the next page Double click on "Australia" - bingo you will find what you were looking for !! :) :) :p

Last edited:

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Just following on from that is Warne the oldest current test cricketer not in terms of age but in terms of making his debut the longest time ago. I am pretty sure Chris Cairns made his debut before him and he would be the oldest international cricketer i think..but he only plays ODI's now

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Nope, both Tendulkar and Kumble made their debuts before Warne (in November 1989 and August 1990 respectively - Warne sometime in 1991/92)

Edit: Also, Jayasuriya, Atapattu, Tillakaratne, Lara and Moin Khan made their debuts before Warne. Tendulkar is the earliest, however.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Richard Rash said:
Just following on from that is Warne the oldest current test cricketer not in terms of age but in terms of making his debut the longest time ago. I am pretty sure Chris Cairns made his debut before him and he would be the oldest international cricketer i think..but he only plays ODI's now
No, Tendulkar definitely played test cricket before then. You might also want to check Murali, who was certainly playing a year or so after Warne's debut.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
187 SR Tendulkar v Pakistan Karachi 1989/90
192 A Kumble v England Manchester 1990

Correct .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Add to that the following who also made their debut before SK Warne.

46 MS Atapattu v India Chandigarh 1990/91
49 ST Jayasuriya v New Zealand Hamilton 1990/91

196 BC Lara v Pakistan Lahore 1990/91

Last edited:

carpet

Cricket Spectator
Cheers jason - i missed out on 3 -Emery, Cook and Wilson - not a bad effort though given i haven't lived in oz for over 10 years now!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my brother and i tried to do that when clarke made his debut, all aus test players to debut between them, between the two of us we got everyone except for wayne Phillips, who only played 1 test anyway!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
age_master said:
i thought phillips was before that.

i thought slats was 356 though...
JASON said:
MJ Slater and BP Julian appear reversed in the ACB version of numbering
because Slater was allowed to keep 356 having assumed that
allocation would be by batting order

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
carpet said:
Hi all

Here is the complete list.

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerCountryList.asp

As you will find, this site gives you complete lists of all test and ODI players of all countries which can be sorted by country, test/odi, or by starting alphabet. It is easily the best statistics site (user friendly) that I have been able to locate. Its great advantage over cricinfo is that the stats can be cut and pasted into an excel format directly. This is a great asset.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
Here is the complete list.

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerCountryList.asp

As you will find, this site gives you complete lists of all test and ODI players of all countries which can be sorted by country, test/odi, or by starting alphabet. It is easily the best statistics site (user friendly) that I have been able to locate. Its great advantage over cricinfo is that the stats can be cut and pasted into an excel format directly. This is a great asset.

It does look good. It has already updated the match just finished between Australia & Pakistan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
age_master said:
i thought phillips was before that.

i thought slats was 356 though...
Funny/weird even I thought the same thing. Maybe cos Philips has the older look.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I remember reading that Chris Cairns was the second oldest (in terms of earliest Debut)test cricketer, behind Tendulkar. But I guess that is void now that he's retired, but he was a real oldie.

edit: aaahh yes:

Tendulkar, S R, India, first test match:15/11/1989
Cairns, C L, New Zealand, first test match:24/11/1989
Tillakaratne, H P, Sri Lanka first test match:16/12/1989

^_^

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BlackCap_Fan said:
I remember reading that Chris Cairns was the second oldest (in terms of earliest Debut)test cricketer, behind Tendulkar. But I guess that is void now that he's retired, but he was a real oldie.

^_^
Md. Azharuddin, Steve Waugh were real oldies by the time they retired. Sidhu too who had made his debut even before Azharuddin.

thierry henry

International Coach
So Sachin is the only test player left from the 80s?? Are there any ODI players left from the 80s (Cairns made his ODI debut in 1990/91 I think)?