• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To those going to the charity match

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
As you know Murali has been picked to play in the charity match next monday at the MCG. Many of us, myself included, regularly abuse him and were looking foward to his return to the G so that we could abuse him some more. However given the circumstances of this match and what he and his country have been through I think it is right that no-one calls Murali a chucker or boos him during this match. If we can control ourselves for one game then the cricketing world will think better of us.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Dude the world will never change the way they thing about the stupid Australian crowd who ABUSES cricketers.... Get a life

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There'll still be plenty of p1ssants who're gonna no-ball him while he's bowling.

He's a strong character so it shouldn't bother him, it won't reflect on Australia too well as a whole but nothing that can be stopped unfortunately.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Whats the Asian XI team?!

Btw im going to the MCG and Murali is one of the finest offies in Cricket History.. all the ignorant people should cut it..

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Here's the team lord:

Sourav Ganguly (Ind, capt), Sanath Jayasuriya (SL), Virender Sehwag (Ind), Sachin Tendulkar (Ind), Marvan Atapattu (SL), Rahul Dravid (Ind), Yousuf Youhana (Pak), Alok Kapali (Bang), Kumar Sangakkara (SL, wk), Chaminda Vaas (SL), Shoaib Akhtar (Pak), Anil Kumble (Ind), Muttiah Muralitharan (SL) and Zaheer Khan (Ind).

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Amusing to see the list of players on Channel 9 for the Asia XI.
Zaheer Khan was listed as a Pakistani!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
it still amuses me how the Australians did what they did to Murli then made such a fuss when the barmy army did the exact same to Brett Lee.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Warne is god said:
As you know Murali has been picked to play in the charity match next monday at the MCG. Many of us, myself included, regularly abuse him and were looking foward to his return to the G so that we could abuse him some more. However given the circumstances of this match and what he and his country have been through I think it is right that no-one calls Murali a chucker or boos him during this match. If we can control ourselves for one game then the cricketing world will think better of us.
its just like asking people not to drink to much in the concourse bays, ain't going to happen!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
might be making the trip down, biggest problem is the day its falling on, we'll see, as for the mutali thing, normally id prolly be booing him and hurling abuse, however this time i think its probably out of the question...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this match being organised by ICC and the proceeds being in aid of the Tsunami relief, he would be more than ever motivated to be there .

I am certain he will be there for those two reasons above as well as the fact that it's an honour to be asked to represent your continent against a World XI .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SpaceMonkey said:
it still amuses me how the Australians did what they did to Murli then made such a fuss when the barmy army did the exact same to Brett Lee.
They do have double standards for most things.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah, I'd be hurling the aggro, but you can't do that in the circumstances.. He is a decent human being after all