Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: To those going to the charity match

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    And the rather ruthless way Lee was torn to pieces, and has been for most of the last 3-and-a-half years, suggests that the same thing would have happened there.
    The Aus attack of last year had very few conditions suited to them! It's kinda tricky for Lee, Bracken, Williams and MacGill to bowl well at all.
    I agree with a lot of that, but with regards to the WACA, a match there would have given them every chance!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    How?
    We saw how the pitch was playing in the Zimbabwe game earlier - exactly the same as the Adelaide Oval and SCG wickets.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

U19 Cricketer
    Exactly the same? i thort it had a little more life in it, despite it playing a slower than usual.

U19 Cricketer
    Although it does further my point about australia not doctoring pitches to suit the home team.

Doctoring = illicit action during the course of a match to change the condition of the pitch.
    No, Australia don't tend to prepare bowler-friendly pitches that often, but nonetheless they prepare pitches that give them the best chance of winning.
    Too many people are misled into believing that preparing a pitch to suit your bowlers is doctoring - it isn't.

U19 Cricketer
    Hrm i have just looked at the results u were right about the perth pitch. Slower than MCG and SCG. Point conceded.

Still, my point about aus not doctoring pitches stands.

But it must be amended to that doctoring of pitches is incredibly rare anywhere and (hopefully) a thing of the past.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Doctoring = illicit action during the course of a match to change the condition of the pitch.
    No, Australia don't tend to prepare bowler-friendly pitches that often, but nonetheless they prepare pitches that give them the best chance of winning.
    Too many people are misled into believing that preparing a pitch to suit your bowlers is doctoring - it isn't.
    I guess it depends on the affect on the match. I would call the Mumbai pitch doctored, because it suited the indian bowlers to the point where the match became farcical. M. Clarke 6/9..........

No, I've already told you what doctored meant.
    Maybe it gave the Indians an advantage, but it just demonstrated to what extent India had to go to to become the superior side - and even then only by the finest of margins.
    There was no illicit action during the match - it was all legitimate, done before the game - everyone knew the score.

U19 Cricketer
    Ok maybe not doctored, but i still wouldn't considered it a legitimate test match. Poor captaincy by Ponting (persisting with pace) was a major contribution to our downfall, but so did a pitch that ended a match in 2 days. Indeed the teams were denied an opportunity for a grand finale to a fantastic series. So i believe ponting was justified with his criticisms.

Hmm - maybe he was justified in some of his criticisms, but IMO he went OTT.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information