• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To those going to the charity match

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Richard said:
And the rather ruthless way Lee was torn to pieces, and has been for most of the last 3-and-a-half years, suggests that the same thing would have happened there.
The Aus attack of last year had very few conditions suited to them! It's kinda tricky for Lee, Bracken, Williams and MacGill to bowl well at all.
I agree with a lot of that, but with regards to the WACA, a match there would have given them every chance!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How?
We saw how the pitch was playing in the Zimbabwe game earlier - exactly the same as the Adelaide Oval and SCG wickets.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doctoring = illicit action during the course of a match to change the condition of the pitch.
No, Australia don't tend to prepare bowler-friendly pitches that often, but nonetheless they prepare pitches that give them the best chance of winning.
Too many people are misled into believing that preparing a pitch to suit your bowlers is doctoring - it isn't.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Hrm i have just looked at the results u were right about the perth pitch. Slower than MCG and SCG. Point conceded.

Still, my point about aus not doctoring pitches stands.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But it must be amended to that doctoring of pitches is incredibly rare anywhere and (hopefully) a thing of the past.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Richard said:
Doctoring = illicit action during the course of a match to change the condition of the pitch.
No, Australia don't tend to prepare bowler-friendly pitches that often, but nonetheless they prepare pitches that give them the best chance of winning.
Too many people are misled into believing that preparing a pitch to suit your bowlers is doctoring - it isn't.
I guess it depends on the affect on the match. I would call the Mumbai pitch doctored, because it suited the indian bowlers to the point where the match became farcical. M. Clarke 6/9..........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I've already told you what doctored meant.
Maybe it gave the Indians an advantage, but it just demonstrated to what extent India had to go to to become the superior side - and even then only by the finest of margins.
There was no illicit action during the match - it was all legitimate, done before the game - everyone knew the score.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Ok maybe not doctored, but i still wouldn't considered it a legitimate test match. Poor captaincy by Ponting (persisting with pace) was a major contribution to our downfall, but so did a pitch that ended a match in 2 days. Indeed the teams were denied an opportunity for a grand finale to a fantastic series. So i believe ponting was justified with his criticisms.