• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Chant For Punter

Clepto

Cricket Spectator
Hey, i've just noticed that there isnt a chant for ricky ponting, so i thought about starting one up. "Hey Ricky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, HEY Ricky, HEY Ricky" chant it to that micky mouse song and you'll understand what im sayin.. if you like it please start it when you are at your next match and if you can do better please let us know.. *clepto*

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It sounds a tad ghey, so probably won't catch on too quick.

I was very disappointed Inzi didn't show for this match, a good rendition of "Who ate all the pies" would have gone down a treat.

Clepto

Cricket Spectator
i guessed it would sound a bit like that but after a night on the drink it was the best i could come up with at the time.. but i think punter deserves a good chant that why i brought it up.
and yeh whats with inzi i saw him at sydney airport on friday but still a no show for the match. whats up with that..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
duffer said:
I was very disappointed Inzi didn't show for this match, a good rendition of "Who ate all the pies" would have gone down a treat.
Nah, reckon he musta left a few for Lehmann!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
hmmm....why do we have to have prearranged chants for players? especially during the test matches. that sort of hooliganism (which will always have a soft spot in my heart) should be left to the one-dayers.

and in the end, the only people who they appeal to are impressionable boys in their early teens and the paraletic bloke who thinks he made it up on the spot. tell me who doesnt feel like a ****** yelling out "ooh ahh glenn mcgrath"?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Clepto said:
"Hey Ricky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, HEY Ricky, HEY Ricky" chant it to that micky mouse song
AFAIK no-one's ever used it in connection with Micky Mouse - certainly not prominently.
The song "Mickey" was originally released by Toni Basil in the '80s and there have been several versions since, including one by Lolly, but none that I've heard referring to the Disney character.