Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** World XI v Asia XI

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

**Official** World XI v Asia XI

The MCG will host a One Day game on January 10 with a World XI taking on an Asian XI to raise money for Earthquake & Tsunami (sp) disaster in Asia.

The Asian team could be led by Tendulkar and the world team could feature 6 Australians and players from the West Indies and New Zealand. England & South African players are not available due to test commitments.

Full Story
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

This is great news...Hope the Asian XI wins...and Tendulkar is not leading them
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

International 12th Man Crazy Sam's Avatar
    c'mon world xi!!
    Andrew Symonds 143*

think that the asian cricket council wants another game between the same teams played in the subcontinent during february as well. maybe we need three games, don't want a drawn series.

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    the wrld XI should be led by stephan fleming

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    think that the asian cricket council wants another game between the same teams played in the subcontinent during february as well. maybe we need three games, don't want a drawn series.
    I think they should play it in the places where the TV coverage and gate takings and sponsorship can bring in most revenue.

My personal feeling is one or two games in Australia and 1-2 games in Sharjah. Each of these games can utilise different players, so the same players wont be over utilised and it will give all players an opportunity to contribute and feel part of .

It would be great if they could play in England also, as more fund generating opportunity . But unless they can play it in an indoor arena, with the winter weather in the UK, there's no hope of that .
    Last edited by JASON; 01-01-2005 at 01:23 AM.

let's not get too carried away here. the reason the first one is in australia is because that is where a lot of the players will be coming from - australia, windies, pakistan, as well as from nz across the tasman, so with such short notice it's most ideal that it's in Australia.

It'll be interesting though to see how packed MCG is for it...

I hope the Trans Tasman Side is evenly split. It would be a shame if only one or two NZers made the cut. I wonder who picks the teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rash
    I hope the Trans Tasman Side is evenly split. It would be a shame if only one or two NZers made the cut. I wonder who picks the teams?
    Steven Waugh and Sir Richard Hadlee are the selectors.

Obviously if they picked the side on Talent alone it would be quite heavly weighted in Australia's favor.. But I dont think New Zealand can honestly hope for more than 2 players..

side's will be named tomorrow apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Sam
    let's not get too carried away here. the reason the first one is in australia is because that is where a lot of the players will be coming from - australia, windies, pakistan, as well as from nz across the tasman, so with such short notice it's most ideal that it's in Australia.
    The scale of death (over 130,000) and destruction (5-6 million people destitue) from the Tsunami is so massive, that there is no chance in hell, that any more games is going to result in anyone getting too carried away, mate !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    Steven Waugh and Sir Richard Hadlee are the selectors.

Obviously if they picked the side on Talent alone it would be quite heavly weighted in Australia's favor.. But I dont think New Zealand can honestly hope for more than 2 players..
    I dino about that Eclipse. NZ are a very good one day side. Vettori should def be there. As should Cairns and maybe Fleming at the expense of Hayden.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    i liked the idea of the ANZAC's versus the world better. this is basically it but how good's it going to be
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

The scale of death (over 130,000) and destruction (5-6 million people destitue) from the Tsunami is so massive, that there is no chance in hell, that any more games is going to result in anyone getting too carried away, mate !!
    yes but i'm sure many of the teams have very busy schedules coming up so fitting in more than a few of these games will be a struggle. i just don't want people to be whinging on here saying that the ICC should've put on more games when there really is no space for them.

yes but i'm sure many of the teams have very busy schedules coming up so fitting in more than a few of these games will be a struggle.
    All the Teams don't have packed schedules. Teams and players that are not busy and not occupied in International fixtures can be involved . And we are not talking of 10 -15 games, but merely 3-4 games rather than one alone !!

i just don't want people to be whinging on here saying that the ICC should've put on more games when there really is no space for them.
    Nobody's whinging as far as I can see. Anyway its not for the ICC to organise these any way. Cricket boards can organise these by mutual agreement, since these are not official matches, but mere fund raisers .

And I repeat, only Teams that have space need be involved. Which is why different games can utilise different players.
    Anyway, from what I gather India, SL and Pak cricket boards are trying to organise games as well .
    Last edited by JASON; 01-01-2005 at 02:30 AM.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information