• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

legal controversies & Cricket - Help Required

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In other words, you don't know, so will try to make up something about it would have evolved naturally (even though when being left to it's own devices the game was dying)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Richard said:
Almost all threads are calm and docile before marc and myself get involved.
That's sort of the whole point.
lol fair point, i wasnt complaining about it its good that we have some people who make the proceedings more intresting.

Deja moo

International Captain
The GCC issue which pitted players rights to fulfill previously existing contractual obligations for the products they endorsed, against the ICC diktat to bind them to specific ones.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
In other words, you don't know, so will try to make up something about it would have evolved naturally (even though when being left to it's own devices the game was dying)
So of course I'm totally wrong to say that all sports have evolved naturally, aren't I? 8-)
If I was wrong, you'd have a point - given that I'm not, you don't.
There are a million moments in the game's history when you could think it was "dying a death" - something will always come-up to change that, it always does, with any large Global institution.
Multinational sports with 200 years and more of history do not just die a death.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Even though the game was losing spectators, and thus money, and the TV money wasn't there?

Whatever you say.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Even though the game was losing spectators, and thus money, and the TV money wasn't there?

Whatever you say.
And of course that's never happened ever before, has it? In any sport.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mainly football and rugby-union in this country.
All sorts of sports Worldwide, though, I'm told - and not surprisingly.
Sadly we might be in the situation with English cricket again in 2010.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You clearly didn't see that "the men who changed football" program a couple of years ago?
In the late 1980s football was as much dying a death as cricket supposedly was in the late '70s.
The men who changed it around didn't need to steal the best players to do it.