• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Symonds

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
dont worry, he'll come up with a new and improved way to wriggle his way out of this one too.
Very simple - was it 250 off 50 overs?
No.
It was similar (indeed it was an even better achievement) but it wasn't what I said, was it?
It is still astonishing enough, of course, and if there are any others similar I'll be amazed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if it ever happens.
Can you honestly see it?
I can see it happening, yes - if a side gets off to a flyer then the other side will struggle to contain them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In spite of the ability to post defensive fields and bowl extremely definsively within the bounds of legality?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Once the momentums there, it takes a lot of stopping.

Escpecially with the recent rules brought in.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyone who even lets the momentum start is committing serious folly.
The raw panic of the Eng-SL 50-in-5-overs absurdity 30 months ago was crazy enough, if you've got 10 times longer than that to calm down and think, it's almost inconceivable.