• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

saeed anwar

cricket player

International Debutant
I miss him he was a wonderfull batsman.I recently watched the 194 of his againts india it was absloutely brilliant.I just touch the ball with the bat and ti races away to the boundry absloutely amazing.He is my role model he is my hero.

Attachments

Craig

World Traveller
What a fine player and one who always lifted against India. His 100 against them in the 2003 WC was pretty classy.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Saeed anwar is definitely ma favourite batsman of all time.... I miss him alot... Great player...

dinu23

International Debutant
I never get tired of watching him bat. He wasn't arrogant like most top players. he lets his bat do the talking. superb player.

Deja moo

International Captain
Extremely good batsman, especially against India, and far under rated by many. Very humble too, and was never caught up in any verbal exchanges even in the pressure cooker situations of India-Pakistan matches.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Richard said:
Far, far better than the subsequent Tendulkar knock, yes.
anwar was a terrific batsman, i think he was the most graceful and i enjoyed watching him bat the most

BUT

how was his knock superior to tendulkars?!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hit4Six said:
anwar was a terrific batsman, i think he was the most graceful and i enjoyed watching him bat the most

BUT

how was his knock superior to tendulkars?!
Because he made 100-something.
Tendulkar made a pristine 47 - then got himself out.
That Razzaq was not good enough to complete the dismissal says nothing about Tendulkar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
He should have played till he would have been 40 yrs old as pakistan doesn't have any decent opener right now.
Clearly, Salman Butt's ODI-average of 50 denotes him a very poor opener. 8-)

Beleg

International Regular
Comm'on Richard, wahIndiawah has a point there. Just because he loves to bash Pakistan doesn't mean he isn't capable of raising a good point or two occasionally.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's got a point in the Test-match game, but Salman Butt has certainly had a terrific start to his ODI-career and to suggest that Pakistan have no openers of quality is incorrect.
We wait with interest, of course, to see how he does outside the subcontinent - a test so many Pakistani batsmen have failed.

Beleg

International Regular
We wait with interest, of course, to see how he does outside the subcontinent - a test so many Pakistani batsmen have failed
Exactly. He has potential, no one is doubting that. But he has to prove himself against AUS, WI, Eng and SA.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
That Razzaq was not good enough to complete the dismissal says nothing about Tendulkar.
But the fact remains that next to his name is 98, and therefore that is what he scored.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
no doubt that saeed anwar and aamir sohail were the best pakistan opening pair ever
saeed is a very nice man on and off thr feild very humble and freindly all the time

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
But the fact remains that next to his name is 98, and therefore that is what he scored.
And the fact remains that the scorebook isn't the most important thing when analysing how well a batsman played.