• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

saeed anwar

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
..Vice-versa, tit-for-tat.., typical but happens
Yes, yes, I know - but (mercifully) I've not come across any of the Pakistani variety. On this board, anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
..game isn't over until someone's actually out. What you are suggesting is just an lazy chair argument (with couple of beers if u like)...and the only one's arguing abt the innings is in that group, not the world
No, the game isn't over, but I'm not talking about games, I never use first-chance scores in terms of games.
They're to do with rating batsmen solely.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
..he wasn't in a position, Wasim suggested that he should have been standing at the edge of the circle, which he wasn't..so he was gonna make a catch outta it which offcourse he didn't. Nothing simple abt it
Well the commentary I heard (and a report or two I read) made it seem pretty simple.
We all know how rushed CricInfo BBB can often be.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rushed or not, it wouldn't miss what was supposedly a major drop off one of the best players of the generation.

Sehwag309

Banned
OK, Who mentioned 47 in the 1st place?

It was all wrong, it was actually 32

End of over 6 (3 runs) India 53/2 (RR: 8.83 RRR: 221/44 = 5.02)
Waqar Younis 2-0-14-2 - Hennops River End
SR Tendulkar 28* (21b 4x4 1x6) M Kaif 0* (1b)

6.1 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, no run, outside off and left alone
6.2 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, two runs, goes back, crowd is cheering
both sides as he turnes it to mid wicket
6.3 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, two runs, and again turned to mid wicket
and a good save that runs away after Sami almost stops it
6.4 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, one run, Dropped! int the air and Razzaq
leaps and got his fingers to it at mid on

6.5 Wasim Akram to Kaif, no run, short, defends it awkwardly into the
covers
6.6 Wasim Akram to Kaif, no run, into the blockhole, prodded out to mid
on as the drama of an India Pakistan game heightens the tension
all over the world

This shot was after Sehwag and Ganguly Departed one after the other

1 thing should be noted that Sachin was consistently performing in the World Cup, whereas this was the only good knock by Saeed Anwar (as he always does v/s India)

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
Which of course couldn't possibly be because Elahi is a good one-day player (at least in the subcontinent - so don't start on that Anant) could it?
Why do I get the feeling you're so keen on the "who's talking about the one-dayers" stance because Pakistan have beaten India in 4 out of 4 recently?
Like it or not, Pakistan do have a good opener at present - in the ODIs - in Salman Butt.
lol thats pretty stupid. The reason i wasn't taling about onedayer is because a batsman is basically judge by his performance at the superior format of cricket which happen to be test cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Rushed or not, it wouldn't miss what was supposedly a major drop off one of the best players of the generation.
No?
I suggest that it matters not any prior context ("best players of generation"; "major drop"), but simply the current ball.
Like many other instances, the commentator tried to describe it accurately, but didn't have the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
..hehe, he is banned but some didn't forget
Well - FRAZ was exceptional in many ways... and he did do a better job of disguising it (to the rank-and-file - obviously not to the top guys) than some (wahindiawah).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
OK, Who mentioned 47 in the 1st place?

It was all wrong, it was actually 32

End of over 6 (3 runs) India 53/2 (RR: 8.83 RRR: 221/44 = 5.02)
Waqar Younis 2-0-14-2 - Hennops River End
SR Tendulkar 28* (21b 4x4 1x6) M Kaif 0* (1b)

6.1 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, no run, outside off and left alone
6.2 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, two runs, goes back, crowd is cheering
both sides as he turnes it to mid wicket
6.3 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, two runs, and again turned to mid wicket
and a good save that runs away after Sami almost stops it
6.4 Wasim Akram to Tendulkar, one run, Dropped! int the air and Razzaq
leaps and got his fingers to it at mid on

6.5 Wasim Akram to Kaif, no run, short, defends it awkwardly into the
covers
6.6 Wasim Akram to Kaif, no run, into the blockhole, prodded out to mid
on as the drama of an India Pakistan game heightens the tension
all over the world

This shot was after Sehwag and Ganguly Departed one after the other

True, I stand corrected.
32 it was.
Even less good an innings, then.
1 thing should be noted that Sachin was consistently performing in the World Cup, whereas this was the only good knock by Saeed Anwar (as he always does v/s India)
That's true enough, but where did I deny that - I was simply talking about this match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
lol thats pretty stupid. The reason i wasn't taling about onedayer is because a batsman is basically judge by his performance at the superior format of cricket which happen to be test cricket.
There are good Test batsmen and there are good ODI batsmen.
Salman, incidentally, has now demonstrated that he might be one who's good at both...

wahindiawah

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Right, so Akhtar is better than all the Indian pacers and none have really stepped up with results as yet to say that they are better than the other Pakistani prospects. .

oh thank you for breaking the great news about Akhter being better than others s 8-) .

i have already siad that Pak has a one man bowling attack in Akhter. but apart from that they have none of any note. Pathan and Khan might not be great paces yet BUT they have performed much better than the likes of Khalil,sami,asif and Naveed.This is something i was trying to point out.

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
There are good Test batsmen and there are good ODI batsmen.
Salman, incidentally, has now demonstrated that he might be one who's good at both...

Might and might not, remains to be seen.

though i sincerely hope he does become a good test opener , so pakistan will atleast have 1 opener of any note in future.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
oh thank you for breaking the great news about Akhter being better than others s 8-) .

i have already siad that Pak has a one man bowling attack in Akhter. but apart from that they have none of any note. Pathan and Khan might not be great paces yet BUT they have performed much better than the likes of Khalil,sami,asif and Naveed.This is something i was trying to point out.
Pathan's Test-average against countries other than Bangladesh is in the 40s - Khan has done virtually nothing outside that series on seam-paradises in New Zealand in 2002\03.
They're all equally poor as far as I'm concerned - Naved-Ul-Hasan, Khalil, Asif et al have simply played a bit less.

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard said:
Pathan's Test-average against countries other than Bangladesh is in the 40s - Khan has done virtually nothing outside that series on seam-paradises in New Zealand in 2002\03.
They're all equally poor as far as I'm concerned - Naved-Ul-Hasan, Khalil, Asif et al have simply played a bit less.
WORDS!

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:

Pathan & Khan have met greater success than the mentioned lot , they also happen to have more potential.

naveed,asif and khalil seems to be very mediocre players , they haven't played much and won't get much chances in future simply coz they don't have the potential to become fontline pacers for Pakistan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Pathan & Khan have met greater success than the mentioned lot , they also happen to have more potential.
No, they don't - that is entirely down to subjunctive opinion.
naveed,asif and khalil seems to be very mediocre players , they haven't played much and won't get much chances in future simply coz they don't have the potential to become fontline pacers for Pakistan.
No, they don't if you ask me - but they could perfectly possibly prove the both of us wrong.

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
wahindiawah said: