• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top On-Field Personalities

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Same way McGrath will have felt bad about all the similar things he's said to batsmen down the years eh? 8-)
Yeah, I doubt some of them will have ever recovered. Cricket can be a heart-breaking game, just don't say anything...........to anyone!

Deja moo

International Captain
Akhtar, Lee, Sehwag (quiet and polite, never gets flustered)...

Harbhajan and Warne pi$$ me off.

Josh

International Regular
Yeh, I feel afraid to say Lee because everyone on this forum acts like they want him dead or something. Have to add Andrew Symonds, aswell.

shaka

International Regular
Mark Richardson was a personality, never a dull moment when he's batting, makes the crowd laugh.

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Josh said:
Yeh, I feel afraid to say Lee because everyone on this forum acts like they want him dead or something. Have to add Andrew Symonds, aswell.
I'm sure Lee could be a nice guy, but his wicket celebrations annoy me immensely.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
He used to be: Moin Khan
"Lucky, lucky Saqqie, ah, yeas, shabbush, shabbush, shabbush, well bowled Saqqie, lovely bowling, shabbush, shabbush, shabbush,"
"Mushi-i-i-i-i-i-e-e-e-e!!!!"""
"Catch i-i-i-i-it!!!!"
Etc.
Great wicketkeeper, though - you've got to be if you make that sorta noise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Peanutbutterbar said:
No because the people he's sledged, none of them had wives with cancer, or not that he knew of.
No, but if you think he'd hesitate to take advantage of similar situations I'm amazed.
McGrath has shown time and again that he's not too concerned with hurting people's feelings and making them feel like s**t - as long as he gets them out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
Yeah, I doubt some of them will have ever recovered. Cricket can be a heart-breaking game, just don't say anything...........to anyone!
Well of course Hayden picked the wrong man with his "c'mon then you stupid f*cking kunt, you really think you're f*cking good enough to beat us" etc. but doubtless there will have been people for whom similar experiences will have been chastising and no, they might not have recovered.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dasa said:
I'm sure Lee could be a nice guy, but his wicket celebrations annoy me immensely.
He needs to celebrate like that - each wicket has a certain rarity value.
An OTT celebration will tell you a lot about bowlers. The best don't celebrate a bogstandard wicket with much more than "excellent"; the "yes! Wehay! Woohooooo!" is reserved for really big wickets.
Those who celebrate in such a big way for just about every wicket are generally those who don't get many. Gareth Batty being the best example of recent years.

Richard said:
No, but if you think he'd hesitate to take advantage of similar situations I'm amazed.
McGrath has shown time and again that he's not too concerned with hurting people's feelings and making them feel like s**t - as long as he gets them out.
yet off the field, he is a great man, and friends with everyone.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Peanutbutterbar said:
yet off the field, he is a great man, and friends with everyone.
Surely there is a line though.. I don't mind getting hit hard by a fast bowler when he is bowling at me, it means he is giving everything he has got, and I admire that.. But if he abused me (What is Lara like in bed?), I'd rather punch his lights outs than have a beer with him after the game.. If I was Sarwan, he would have been lucky to get away with just the wife jibe..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Link said:
Kallis is another one that is always up for a laugh.
Poor old Jacques is notorious for his lack of grey-matter. Clive Rice told a story that a few years back Kallis returned from jogging by the sea feeling groggy. Jacques opined,

"It must be the altitude"

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
Well of course Hayden picked the wrong man with his "c'mon then you stupid f*cking kunt, you really think you're f*cking good enough to beat us" etc. but doubtless there will have been people for whom similar experiences will have been chastising and no, they might not have recovered.
he said that to whom?