• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Least Entertaining Players

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I just thought (mistakenly) that the world needs a place to discuss those players that made cricket a drearier place.

Feel free to share your opinions on players, innings, umpires or matches that have acted as sleep aids for you.

Boycott, Bailey and Tavare spring to mind, in the players.

Any others?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
did someone mention a certain mr boycott?............

although in recent years mark richardsons name has come up from time to time.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
LongHopCassidy said:
His name suggests the pace of his innings.

(Has anyone said that yet? If not, I'm so proud)
I was going to, but then I thought "No, that would be the lamest joke. Ever."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yousuf Youhana, Matthew Hayden, Saqlain Mushtaq, Glenn McGrath, Charl Willoughby, Dion Ebrahim, Vusi Sibanda (though it's not his fault), Rajin Saleh... many more, can't be bothered - for the simple reason that there are many, many, many and many - and it's totally pointless to pick-out a few.
Once again we see the IMO totally misguided notion that slow-scoring is all that constitutes boring.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Casson said:
John... Crawley...
LongHopCassidy said:
His name suggests the pace of his innings.

(Has anyone said that yet? If not, I'm so proud)
Two more using the idiotic idea of judging a player on one series.
Just because Crawley was incredibly slow in The Ashes 2002\03 (still outperformed most of the English batsmen I might add) that is not his normal batting style.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from what i've heard.... Bill Lawry... the corpse with pads, lol... the commentatros that im watching now in the england vs south africa game.. i think theyre from sky, nasser hussein is there, although he isnt as bad as the rest of them... worst commentators i've heard!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
sledger said:
i wouldnt say that youhana was boring to be honest, neither hayden for that matter....
Exactly - that's because boredom is a MOO and many people don't share my feelings on it.
Personally there are few I would rather not watch bat than Youhana and there have been 3 or 4 occasions when he's batted in a manner I find totally pointless and as boring as anything on a cricket field.
Shiv Chanderpaul has had an innings or two in a similar mould but he's made-up for it by playing some fascinating knocks, too.