• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gillespie - All Rounder??

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think Dizzy is an allrounder by any stretch of the imagination, but this innings wasn't the first one of importance for Australia.

Hell I dare say his knock at the SCG in 03/04 against India and in Chennai in 2004 against India were much better. Helped Australia save both those tests.

Clarke however has never come close to his 6/9, and possibly never will.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Yeah, Jono, Those were crucial knocks. I mean even Zaheer Khan managed to knock 75 against Bangladesh, and hes no great shakes with the bat.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
It wouldn't surprise me if he made a 50, I think Giles is capable of doing it and they're of a similar standard (though Gypo is usually more circumspect).