• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Three Very Very Special Days at the Gymkhana

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwat_cf

Cricket Spectator
Three Very Very Special Days at the Gymkhana

http://www.cricketfundas.com/laxpunhyddec22.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This was a match I was waiting for personally. Just the evening prior to the game, I got a mail from from Mr.Blessington Thomas, Scorer from the Hyderabad Cricket Association giving the line ups for the game. I was wondering who was named as the skipper of Hyderabad with Venkatapathy Raju just retiring from the game. And the mail loaded and surprise surprise, top of all the names in the Hyderabad line up was V.V.S. Laxman and he was also the captain. Isn’t he amazing? The same Laxman was on the field at Chittagong for India on the 20th and on the 22nd he is on the field for Hyderabad. Does he have a point to prove to his critics, the selectors or is this just his commitment towards Hyderabad? We have no clues whatsoever! I was up and ready to go to the Gymkhana and was really surprised to see a big crowd who were just waiting and hoping outside the locked gates, just to have a glimpse of their hero V.V.S.Laxman. I just overheard the Hyderabad’s coach Rajesh Yadav quoting in his usual style “Laxman aaya…bas hey (with his body language clearly suggesting that he was a very very relieved person). I was just speculating whether Intikhab Alam, Former Pakistani all rounder was thinking in lines of “Yuve aur Dinesh Mongia gaye”. There was a typical Hyderabadi roar when V.V.S and Pankaj Dharmani walked upto the pitch for the toss. (Oh yeah he did play an ODI in the Titan Cup and did tour South Africa in 1997. I must say here is one really unlucky bloke who couldn’t have a long career at the International level. For a wicket keeper to have a highest score of 305*, 19-100s and 32-50s and an impressive 18-50s in the List A matches is just an icing on the cake for any team. And I am pretty sure that the Indian selectors then did a lot bad to the Indian public by not giving a fair trial to this man!).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click here to read more >>> http://www.cricketfundas.com/laxpunhyddec22.html

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Advertising other websites is not allowed as per forum rules.

URL added to filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.