• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes required for the Indian odi side

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Although it cant be anyone's case, and it isnt mine, to say that Jadeja is as good,let alone better, than Bevan. I just said he is India's Bevan to show what kind of a player he is and his grasp of the grammer of the limited over game. In response, some ridiculous things have been said of Jadeja's figures.

I am comparing them below with Bevan just to make a point that Jadeja was good nothing more nothing less.

Average inflated by not outs :
Jadeja : Out of 179 innings he was not out 36 times.
If the not outs are not taken into account his average drops by 7.5 runs per innings.

Bevan : Out of 196 innings he was not out 67 times !!
On removing not outs his average drops by 18.3 runs per innings. !!

Not enough centuries :

Jadeja : 6 centuries in 179 innings.
Bevan : 6 centuries in 196 innings.
Thus Bevan took 3 innings more per century compared to Jadeja!
(BTW, Bevan had more 50's than Jadeja at 46. Jadeja has a respectable 36 of them in addition to the centuries)

Not enough Match winning performances

Its difficult to go into each innings and analyse. Here is one criteria I could use. Man of the Match Awards.

Jadeja : 10 MOM awards in 196 games. An award every 19.6 games played.
Bevan : 12 MOM awards. in 232 games. An award every 19.3 games played.

If these figures are not comparable, I dont know what is ?

People should think(and check) twice before just throwing stats around to support a preconcieved notion of theirs.
:clapping: Great statistics and Excellent point made

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nikhil1772 said:
Since AJ has come back to domestic circuit he is taking wickets consistently...something Yuvraj hasn't...
Well a quick look shows 3 games, 5 overs this season - if he cannot be asked to bowl for his domestic side, how is he going to move into the International arena?