Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoaib Akhtar = awesome

shoaib akhtar is along with shane bond my favourite bowler to watch, especially when either of them is knocking over aussies
    ODI XI to match the best
    1.Ryder
    2.McCullum+
    3.Guptill
    4.Taylor
    5.Broom
    6.Oram
    7.Elliott
    8.Vettori*
    9.Mills
    10.Southee
    11.Bond
    ringaz_ride@hotmail.com
    To answer your question, yes
    Thanks?
    METEORIC RISE ?

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bryce
    shoaib akhtar is along with shane bond my favourite bowler to watch, especially when either of them is knocking over aussies
    good one mate.I really like both bond and akhtar. No one can challange akhtar and matthew hayden knows it better then any one else.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Except Kyle Mills.
    Even though no-one noticed it because of incompetent Umpiring, Mills - amazingly - made Hayden look quite clueless in both Test and ODIs.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rash
    lol Fleming arrogant? I would say Scott Styris and Craig McMillan are probably the only real arrogant guys in the NZ team and i don't think that it is really a bad thing
    Arrogance is mostly a vital quality of the best leaders - even if not neccesarily obvious (indeed, it can be better if it's not).
    Fleming possesses it in abundance, as do Ponting, Smith and Ganguly.
    Which is why they're such good captains. Cronje had it aplenty, to name one other. Sir Alex Ferguson's greatness is helped by his arrogance.
    Of course, it's not totally indispensible - as exampled by the like of Vaughan and Inzamam-Ul-Haq (who I actually rate as a pretty decent captain).

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
    He comes across as arrogant and thinks he's bigger than the team to me. He's always sulking. Good cricketer yes but sometimes you think the team might be better off without his disruptive influence.
    Think - Pakistan recently beaten by 491 runs.
    But for Shoaib it would almost certainly have been a bigger defeat.
    He's one of the few bits of quality left in the side ATM. He's about as indispensible as anyone has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    i love his runup to the crease, its one of the most intimidating.
    But he aint a great-yet.
    To be a great, you gotto succeed against all commers in all the opportunities you've had.
    Akhtar bombed bigtime versus India.
    Just coz he's made a bunny outta flat track bully Matty Hayden doesnt suggest he is a great.
    Akhtar's good spells have been getting longer every time they've occurred.
    Still, he's yet to have a consistent year even.

Akthar is a superb bowler, no question about that. the problem is he's the only bowler in the pakistan team who can exert pressure on batsmen. after bowling about 5 overs Akthar has to be taken off because he gets tired. if he can find a solution to that he will be a much grater threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Arrogance is mostly a vital quality of the best leaders - even if not neccesarily obvious (indeed, it can be better if it's not).
    Fleming possesses it in abundance, as do Ponting, Smith and Ganguly.
    Which is why they're such good captains. Cronje had it aplenty, to name one other. Sir Alex Ferguson's greatness is helped by his arrogance.
    Of course, it's not totally indispensible - as exampled by the like of Vaughan and Inzamam-Ul-Haq (who I actually rate as a pretty decent captain).
    Give me an example of Stephen Flemings arrogance

he is very modest is fleming, he must mean something to do with arrogance in stuff he does on the field, i.e the way he bats or tactics in the field - because he is definatley not an arrogant person

Quote Originally Posted by bryce
    he is very modest is fleming, he must mean something to do with arrogance in stuff he does on the field, i.e the way he bats or tactics in the field - because he is definatley not an arrogant person
    Yeah i guess so.. but i don't think arrogance is the right word i think he makes his presence felt on the field and commands respect through his proven ability as a leader.. certainly not arrogance. Hard Nosed maybe

yeah i wouldn't use the word arrogant either, but i suppose the word is second nature for poms

Cricket Spectator
    Fleming cannot be classed as 'arrogant'. I haven't seen him do anything to suggest that he is arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by JC_088
    Fleming cannot be classed as 'arrogant'. I haven't seen him do anything to suggest that he is arrogant
    Agree with that 200% . Flem is the most gentlemanly of all cricketers !! And a very, very decent guy on and off the field !

Getting back on topic , I agree with most comments on this thread on Shoaib.

He's a class act and truly brilliant bowler to watch !!

Like Murali , when he bowls you expect things to happen !!

He's an absolute entertainer (like Murali) and value for money in terms of entertainment he provides on the field of play !

He gives it his best and is a true fighter . What more can a Team, Coach or Captain ask .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_088
    Same with Ponting, call him arrogant if it helps you to deal with Australia's dominance but give some good examples of Ponting being arrogant.

C_C
    Same with Ponting, call him arrogant if it helps you to deal with Australia's dominance but give some good examples of Ponting being arrogant.
    numerous examples of Ponting's arrogance exists- most notably him underestimating the WI before the ICC champions trophy.

And i dont have a problem with OZ dominance-you can take your blatent LIES and go somewhere else.
    I've never in any post attributed AUS victories to umpiring inconsistencies and stuff like that as you claimed- yet another example of your blatent LYING, scallywag.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information