• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nayan Mongia Retires from First Class Cricket

Langeveldt

Soutie
ReallyCrazy said:
Nayan "Aiegaa" Mongia's batting was a disgrace. So he wasn't picked.
Could it possibly be worse than Parthiv "little boy" Patel?

Who joins Robbie Peterson and Thami Tsolekile in the shortish list of thoroughly substandard players who have represented top quality teams recently..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Rikki Clarke still tops it, though...
nah, he's the 90th best bowler in the world according to the nice rankings people at PriceWaterhouseCooper

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
steds said:
nah, he's the 90th best bowler in the world according to the nice rankings people at PriceWaterhouseCooper
sounds about right i guess.

so over-rated that fella.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Could it possibly be worse than Parthiv "little boy" Patel?

Who joins Robbie Peterson and Thami Tsolekile in the shortish list of thoroughly substandard players who have represented top quality teams recently..
Only thing is, Patel was selected purely because he was believed to be good enough; Peterson and Tsolekile have benefited from the "previously disadvantaged" stuff...
Like Mahwire, who doesn't qualify for "worst bowler to play Test-cricket" etc...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deja moo said:
We'll probably never know why he was'nt selected for the Indian team towards the end.
Certainly there were worse candidates - I'm still hoping that in Karthik and Dhoni we might have found two to fill his Test and ODI boots.

Deja moo

International Captain
Richard said:
Only thing is, Patel was selected purely because he was believed to be good enough; ...
Or maybe because Parthiv is from Baroda, as is Kiran More (selector). I cant help but feel money was involved. Especially since More shot down Kirmanis suggestion of dropping Patel long before he ultimately was.

There was Vijay Dahiya...did nothing wrong in his stint, yet was dropped in favour of Patel.

tooextracool

International Coach
ReallyCrazy said:
Nayan "Aiegaa" Mongia's batting was a disgrace. So he wasn't picked.
well wearing a yellow helmet and not getting along with the selectors or the rest of the team didnt help either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deja moo said:
Or maybe because Parthiv is from Baroda, as is Kiran More (selector). I cant help but feel money was involved. Especially since More shot down Kirmanis suggestion of dropping Patel long before he ultimately was.

There was Vijay Dahiya...did nothing wrong in his stint, yet was dropped in favour of Patel.
Dighe, Dahiya, Dasgupta, Ratra, Patel - none really convinced me I've gotta say - Dasgupta mostly because he was one of the worst wicketkeepers I've ever seen asked to keep wicket in international cricket - yes, worse than Dravid.
Hopefully Karthik and Dhoni might put that to bed but, sadly, neither have exactly distinguished themselves against the might of Bangladesh. :(