• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The One's That Got Away

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
This is a side who, like India, cannot tour for toffee, lost to an England side that included John Crawley in England in 2002, and have only got older since, and whose most recent home series against Australia resulted in a whitewash.
and crawley is a disgrace because?
i mean im sure that india and australia would be absolutely embrassed to have let him average 47 and 40 odd against them in the last 2 series of his international career.
with regard to the whitewash, i think its fairly obvious that SL are one of the strongest teams at home. they could so easily have won any of those 3 matches.

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
why would the conditions at perth suit hoggard?given that perth has always been bouncy which is not what hoggard thrives on.
every captain makes mistakes, hussain has done enough to suggest that he was a very good captain.
Yes, but that match also showed that being able to move the ball would be handy. Heck with Andy Caddick out injured, he probably would have been a better option then hacks like Chris Silverwood, Richard Dawson, and to some extent Alex Tudor.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
The criteria for citizenship varies across EU-member states. Belgium are particularly lax; if you work & reside there for 2 years you can qualify to be a citizen & the only qualification for foreign-nationals getting a work-permit there is having a job to go to. This is why Man U & Arsenal have their little "feeder" teams where they punt their African & South American youths. Two years later & bingo: Belgium citizens!

I'm not so sure about Spain, but I know Edu (the Arsenal Edu!) qualified for a Portuguese passport by virtue of Portuguese grandfather. His dad had to apply for a Portuguese passport & then when he got it Edu qualified from him.

By extension, a British paternal grandfather effectively qualifies you for a UK passport too; provided you can get your Aussie/Kiwi/Saffie dad to apply for a British passport first! :D
So how did Crystal Palace goal keeper Juilan Seperoni qualify to play in the EPL then? I assume he has an Italian passport (his name sounds Italian).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
So how did Crystal Palace goal keeper Juilan Seperoni qualify to play in the EPL then? I assume he has an Italian passport (his name sounds Italian).
speroni despite being argentine has an italian passport and has played in scotland for dundee for several years before joining palace

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Yes, but that match also showed that being able to move the ball would be handy. Heck with Andy Caddick out injured, he probably would have been a better option then hacks like Chris Silverwood, Richard Dawson, and to some extent Alex Tudor.
i dont know about you, but i would be hesistant to pick anyone with figures of 1/248 in the 2 games prior to that one.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
And you think Chris Silverwood and Alex Tudor would/was a better option?
well its easy to say that now, given that neither of them are anywhere near close to being selected, while hoggard is bowling reasonably well. but at the time i was willing to try anything else other than hoggard, even if it was silverwood or tudor. of course silverwood only bowled 4 overs and tudor actually bowled better than what hoggard bowled until then if that says something. but personally i dont think it would have made much difference whoever had played, all of them would have been hammered and australia would have still won.