• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Team in 8 years

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Mathew Inness...opened for the acadamy last year. I thought he was South Australian but maybe i'm wrong. Very impressed with him

bryce

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:
henriques took very few wickets in the under 19 carnival this year
by under 19 cricket carnival do you mean under 19 world cup or is it something different?

cricketfan

Cricket Spectator
I've been hearing this stuff for longer than I'd care to admit. If it wasn't Lillee, Marsh, Thompson etc it was Hughes, Waugh ,Taylor, Aldeman and well you get my drift. The cricket academy turned things around as has the English Academy for England so ably run by Rod Marsh and co and you just won't get the low periods as much as in the past. There's always some unknown a la Michael Clarke around the corner desperate for a go. I'm English but I know Australia will always be up there as it is the no #1 sport in Australia. Hey the Oz captain gets paid near double that which the Prime minister receives, as of course he should!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
bryce said:
by under 19 cricket carnival do you mean under 19 world cup or is it something different?
no, im talking about the national under 19 carnival of december 2004. my apologies for not getting that point across.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
pointless , James Patanak ( spelling) will be up there. none of you will of heard of him because his only 16 i played him in rep. his the leading run scorer and his top score is 200. No one can get him out only cramps can. I would know, i bowled to him and got smashed. This is the kind of thing that can happen in 8 years, way to hard to predict

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
8 years is too far away - but in 5 years time I think Australia are in trouble. There are only a few promising players coming through.
and you have seen all the youngster too havent you?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
unless there is some young kid, i think we are in trouble mainly/only in the spinning department.

hauritz is alright but doesn't take 4-5 wicket hauls much in pura cup i don't think. definitely more a one day player.

i'm not yet impressed with krejza, far too expensive.

doherty's been around for a few years but i thought his bowling against the vics in the ing game a few weeks back was ordinary, he was too fast. and he didn't spin it much. same deal with dan cullen from sa.

cameron white only really excels when playing queensland. he's like the queensland reds in the super 12/14 rugby yawnion, they're **** except for when they play against one particular team, the reds' being NSW, white's being qld...

i doubt we will see another warne for a long time, unless of course there is some teenage rookie somewhere...i suppose they said something similar when older bowlers retired too... :P

C_C

International Captain
8 years ahead is too far to predict as some talents will not realise full potential and some 'lesser talents' will rise to the top.

However, the ones from OZ i think who can make it to the bigtime (based on what i've read and heard from OZ friends) are:

Theo Doropoulous ( U-19 bat and looks very solid)
Cameron White ( seems less of a spinner than Doherty but is adept with the bat)
Xavier Doherty ( cant expect him to replace Warne but if he does atleat 75% as well, he would do welll)
Tait
Mitchell Johnson
Mathew Inness
Watson
Clengeleffer

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tom Halsey said:
8 years is too far away - but in 5 years time I think Australia are in trouble. There are only a few promising players coming through.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - DUDE!!

there is SO much talent coming through in Aussie cricket, we are fine. watching the domestic matches makes me feel proud to be an Aussie :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C_C said:
8 years ahead is too far to predict as some talents will not realise full potential and some 'lesser talents' will rise to the top.

However, the ones from OZ i think who can make it to the bigtime (based on what i've read and heard from OZ friends) are:

Theo Doropoulous ( U-19 bat and looks very solid)
Cameron White ( seems less of a spinner than Doherty but is adept with the bat)
Xavier Doherty ( cant expect him to replace Warne but if he does atleat 75% as well, he would do welll)
Tait
Mitchell Johnson
Mathew Inness
Watson
Clengeleffer

Mitchell Johnson isn't even playing first class cricket, he's over-rated as well. Mackenzie is far better than him, but he keeps getting set back by injury.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i hope that one day both matthew innes and matthew inness are playing for victoria :d

am i right in saying that mitchell johnson struggles to get out on teh park these days due to back problems? xavier doherty is copping a tough run from a few people. reckon he's a real spark for the future. hauritz needs to get out of queensland and go somewhere where he might get a bowl, on a pitch that occasionally assists spinners. if henriques can get his back right, he's a chance. but i reckon cosgrove and ferguson are going to play a big part in the future. spinner to look out for is josh mangan, played aussie 19s last year and has broken the record for most wickets ever taken by a victorian at the under 19s.

and how old is joe dawes, anyone?

ok ok, enough stalling, im gonna name a side.

m harrison (vic) [batsman playing aussie u/19s as an u/17]
t doropolous (wa) [as C_C said, very good prospect]
c ferguson (sa)
m clarke (nsw)
m cosgrove (sa)
s watson (qld)
a crosthwaite (vic)
c white (vic)
m henriques (nsw)/m inness (vic)
x doherty (tas)
tait (sa)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
i hope that one day both matthew innes and matthew inness are playing for victoria :d

am i right in saying that mitchell johnson struggles to get out on teh park these days due to back problems? xavier doherty is copping a tough run from a few people. reckon he's a real spark for the future. hauritz needs to get out of queensland and go somewhere where he might get a bowl, on a pitch that occasionally assists spinners. if henriques can get his back right, he's a chance. but i reckon cosgrove and ferguson are going to play a big part in the future. spinner to look out for is josh mangan, played aussie 19s last year and has broken the record for most wickets ever taken by a victorian at the under 19s.

c ferguson (sa)
m clarke (nsw)
m cosgrove (sa)
s watson (qld)
a crosthwaite (vic)
c white (vic)
x doherty (tas)
tait (sa)
Dawes is close to 30, if not older. But is the most under-rated bowler going around domestic cricket, he would easily slip into the test team and do well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Dawes is close to 30, if not older. But is the most under-rated bowler going around domestic cricket, he would easily slip into the test team and do well.
completely agree. disappointing that he's so old really.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
vic_orthdox said:

c ferguson (sa)
m clarke (nsw)
m cosgrove (sa)
s watson (qld)
a crosthwaite (vic)
c white (vic)
x doherty (tas)
tait (sa)
Theo does look alright, he's had a poor season for Scarborough though - lots of starts, not many runs.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
There's probably a 12-year-old kid somewhere in Sydney who will be 20 in eight years time, and all the media will be screaming for him to be selected every time he scores a run... bit of a pointless exercise, really :)
And he will be from NSW :D

Sorry - posted before I read rest of the posts (and I'm half cut :blink: )

Last edited:

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I reckon if Ashley Noffke can lift his bowling a little (which means staying injury-free!) then he could come into the mix.... he's 27, averages nearly 28 with the bat in pura cup and 31 with the ball. Admittedly his bowling average isn't entirely ideal but his pura cup batting average is better than some of the first-class averages of some batsmen in some international teams...

But if he stays injury-free for a respectable period then you never know. His main problem is lack of penetration though.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
and that queensland captain from the under 19s? yeh, pity he's a spud.
LOL!

I rate him as a player, though not competing at the national U-19 level I cant say too much as his ability with other players going around. Disgusting mouth he has though.

And yeah Josh Mangan is very good, he perhaps kept my school mate Chris raimondi out of the Australian rep side couple of years back. Raimondi made his 1st grade debut for last year at 17, but has s ince dropped to 2nds.

Oh Leggie of course.